Question Xfx rx 580 running at 80 percent usage om idle

raptor7x9

Commendable
May 8, 2018
Hey guys so i turned on my pc after 2 days and my rx 580 is running at 80 to 85 percent usage on idle its fine when i turn my computer on but after about 10 minutes this start to happen i changed my thermal paste about 3 days ago i dont know if this is whats causing this issue
Edit:its also on 70 degree temp i guess its because of the usage.

Last edited:

raptor7x9

Commendable
May 8, 2018
Go to Resource Monitor and check what processes are using the GPU usage.
When was the last time you've run a virus/malware scan?
Do you have latest drivers installed?
Hey i have checked on the task manager it says 4 percent gpu usage but when i search through the processes nothing seems to be using it
I have the latest drivers installed and i dont use any antivirus so i have never done a virus scan

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Hey i have checked on the task manager it says 4 percent gpu usage but when i search through the processes nothing seems to be using it
I have the latest drivers installed and i dont use any antivirus so i have never done a virus scan
Well 4% isn't 80% - monitor this when the GPU usage is high as you describe in your original post.
Also get yourself an antivirus, there are such thing as mining viruses.

I'd recommend Bitdefender free myself - and then run a full system scan.

raptor7x9

Commendable
May 8, 2018
Well 4% isn't 80% - monitor this when the GPU usage is high as you describe in your original post.
Also get yourself an antivirus, there are such thing as mining viruses.

I'd recommend Bitdefender free myself - and then run a full system scan.
No i mean the windows task manager shows it as 4 percent to 5 percent but msi afterburner and gpuz show the usage as being 80 to 85 percent