[SOLVED] XFX RX 590 Fatboy or Sapphire RX 590 Nitro+?

IproZ1

Honorable
Jul 18, 2017
I RMA'd my RX 580 and I can get either of the two cards, but the Fatboy is available right now and the sapphire one hasn't been available for the past 3 weeks and who knows for how long. Would it be worth the wait for the sapphire or do I just get the fatboy?

Solution
You have any experience with Asrock cards? The 580 I RMA'd was an Asrock model and it had issues 5-ish months of usage so I don't know was I just unlucky or are most of them like that. Card was quite loud as well.

No, but I did take a look at the Asrock RX 590, mainly because it was the cheapest one of the bunch. And it is exactly what you pay for. I believe the increase in performance was marginal, the fans were tiny and the card was loud.

Just wait for the Sapphire, I think many people will agree in saying that it is above and beyond than the Asrock and XFX ones.

franches

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2014
I was in a similar position in May (spoilers, I went with the 580 for reasons lmao). I'd say hands down the Sapphire. IHMO Sapphire is the goto for AMD Cards. I own an original R9 280 Dual X and it still works (just gathering dust in a corner because I have no system to pop it in).

I've heard that their coolers are really good... the same couldn't be said about the Fatboy though. In May I just read a couple of reviews that stated that the card was really loud and generally, unreliable.

If I were you, I'd play the waiting game and go for the Sapphire one. You really cannot go wrong with Sapphire.

IproZ1

Honorable
Jul 18, 2017
I was in a similar position in May (spoilers, I went with the 580 for reasons lmao). I'd say hands down the Sapphire. IHMO Sapphire is the goto for AMD Cards. I own an original R9 280 Dual X and it still works (just gathering dust in a corner because I have no system to pop it in).

I've heard that their coolers are really good... the same couldn't be said about the Fatboy though. In May I just read a couple of reviews that stated that the card was really loud and generally, unreliable.

If I were you, I'd play the waiting game and go for the Sapphire one. You really cannot go wrong with Sapphire.
You have any experience with Asrock cards? The 580 I RMA'd was an Asrock model and it had issues 5-ish months of usage so I don't know was I just unlucky or are most of them like that. Card was quite loud as well.

franches

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2014

No, but I did take a look at the Asrock RX 590, mainly because it was the cheapest one of the bunch. And it is exactly what you pay for. I believe the increase in performance was marginal, the fans were tiny and the card was loud.

Just wait for the Sapphire, I think many people will agree in saying that it is above and beyond than the Asrock and XFX ones.

Solution