Question XFX RX470 random Black Screens

Feb 17, 2019
I get random Black screens on my System , does'nt matter what i'm doing Gaming/browsing etc.. Sometimes I still can hear the System sounds, but other times my PC just completely freezes and restarts. From time to time my System creates a minidump file which I always checked with BSOD Viewer and everytime the two files responsible for the crash are : "dxgmms1.sys" and "watchdog.sys" .

I've reinstalled the graphics drivers and windows 8.1 multiple times with the same outcome, also tried windows 10 same thing happened. Switch out the RAM tested both sticks in differents slots still the same outcome. Temperatures are fine, the black screen also happens when the GPU is running at 22°C. I also swapped the gpu into another PCIe and changed the PSU cables but nothing changed. MOBO and GPU Bios are up to date. Other than the black screens the GPU seems to be running fine, i have no performance or throttling issues.

My Specs are :

AMD FX-8350 at 4.00Ghz
XFX RX470 4GB
ASRock 990FX Extreme3
8GB G.Skill NT Series DDR3-1333 Dual Channel
580 Watt be quiet! Straight Power E9

At this point I really don't know what to do anymore, unfortunately i don't even have any other PC parts at home so i can't even swap out the GPU to see if the Black screens still remain.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Last edited:

retiredofficer

Honorable
Feb 28, 2018
Disassemble PC also clean all the golden bridges before reassemble then download Windows 10 version 1809 only to be installed
Ensure every parts properly inserted or enough tightened

Last edited: