[SOLVED] XFX RX580 8gb No HDMI signal

Oct 15, 2019
My RX580 is connected to an ASrock pro 3 775, and i 2500k. i've had it for around half a year now and I get occasional random issues where it won't see the HDMI, i'm not sure what causes or fixes this, rebooting, reinstalling the card, reinserting the HDMI etc doesn't fix it until it does. The fans spin and lights turn on, and the TV seem to recognize something it connected in HDMI 1, but it gives a weak or no signal error. My keyboard and mouse both get power, any advice?

The ASrock hasn't had the bios updates since I got it around 2011 so I don't know if that could be an issue, it does see the HDMI most of the time.

Every time this issue has occurred it's simply been putting it off or into sleep mode and then waking it up and getting no signal randomly the next day. integrated graphics off the motherboard still works fine.

EDIT: I was mistaken, the fans are not coming on on the card, just lights, in integrated graphics it doesn't seem to see the card is connected to the PCI slot. The light only comes on when in the slot, not when disconnected with the 8 pin in when I turn the pc on.

Last edited:
Solution
Most people have told me the opposite but i'll take it into account. I'm still not getting a signal with the graphics card not plugged in though.
Then they are idiots. That's a low end Coolermaster that can't even deliver 400w where it counts as the 12v rail(most important on a modern system) is only rated for 360w. That is way to small for a system with a rx 580. And given its notoriously poor build quality actually maxing it out(or even getting close to that) is akin to playing Russian roulette.

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
My RX580 is connected to an ASrock pro 3 775, and i 2500k. i've had it for around half a year now and I get occasional random issues where it won't see the HDMI, i'm not sure what causes or fixes this, rebooting, reinstalling the card, reinserting the HDMI etc doesn't fix it until it does. The fans spin and lights turn on, and the TV seem to recognize something it connected in HDMI 1, but it gives a weak or no signal error. My keyboard and mouse both get power, any advice?

The ASrock hasn't had the bios updates since I got it around 2011 so I don't know if that could be an issue, it does see the HDMI most of the time.

Every time this issue has occurred it's simply been putting it off or into sleep mode and then waking it up and getting no signal randomly the next day. integrated graphics off the motherboard still works fine.
Ok, dont panic :)
Tourn off pc, remove psu cabel, remove battery, un plug ram stick and gpu. Clean ram stick and gpu contact (yellow line, of bottom). Frist off all 10 times click power butten for start pc. After 5 min, plug in and tourn on pc.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Oct 15, 2019
AS Rock Z77 Pro 3

I5-2500k

XFX RX 580 8GB

My computer had periodically has issues when I would turn it off or put it in sleep mode and it would give no signal when I turned it on again, usually it would eventually work by reconnecting the HDMI or reseated the graphics card. I tried switching to the motherboards HDMI and it worked and in the bios it did not see the RX 580 as inserted. After plugging things out and in again I am unable to get a signal from even my motherboard, my PC turns on, but the keyboard and mouse don't get power and there is no signal.

There is a white and orange wire that goes to prongs that gives power when I press the power button, however on most prongs it does not give power, if I have it connected to the wrong set of prongs to give full power and this is causing the issue (at least with the motherboard) please tell me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, here is a picture dump of how things look including the power supply.

View: https://imgur.com/a/Vv7tToC

bignastyid

Titan
Most people have told me the opposite but i'll take it into account. I'm still not getting a signal with the graphics card not plugged in though.
Then they are idiots. That's a low end Coolermaster that can't even deliver 400w where it counts as the 12v rail(most important on a modern system) is only rated for 360w. That is way to small for a system with a rx 580. And given its notoriously poor build quality actually maxing it out(or even getting close to that) is akin to playing Russian roulette.

Last edited:
Solution
Oct 15, 2019

Would this EVGA 750 N1, 750W, 2 Year Warranty, Power Supply 100-N1-0750-L1 https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LZ3WDQG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1
be compatible with my current AS rock? I plan to eventually upgrade to an MSI X570 pro and ryzen 5 3600.

Oct 15, 2019
It's better but still not good. Here are a couple decent budget option.
Thanks, i'm in canada so even budget options get a pretty notable price increase. is the 550watt corsair CX reliability worth the watt difference from the 750 watt? I think I heard 650w is the sweet spot for my planned build, and will either work with my current motherboard?

TRENDING THREADS