XFX RX580 8GB VR flicker

Aug 7, 2018
Hi,

I just got a new machine for VR with x1800 and rx580.
with msi 7a33 mother board 16 GB 2400 ddr4
I installed everything games seems to works fine on
my ultra wide 2540 x 1080 i get on ultra setting vulkan 110 fps on DOOM
and average of 50-70 on pubg on ultra i'd say that's a decent performance for the price
compare to my 1070 at home double price i get 70-80 avrage same setting.

However when i connect my acer headset it runs smooth but black out in and out.
I got my monitor connected to hdmi (this stupid lg has only hdmi) and headset to Dport via adapter.
If i do it the other way around headset to HDMI and screen to Dport via the adapter it flickers and then blacks out forever...

also to notice i tried the same headset on my 1070 the image were brighter (like the screen it self had more power) when it flickers some times it looks like its trying to achieve that brightness or so.

I am kinda lost.

Any suggestion? another question my bios shows the DDR does work at 2400 but cpu z says different should i worry does it connect to the problem?

alHquxL.png

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
DDR = Double Data Rate. So 1199.7MHz x2 = 2,399.4MHz (ie 2400Mhz). That aspect is fine.

Which headset do you have?

Let's start pre-headset. If you just have your HDMI connected to the monitor, how do things look?

FWIW, it's a 1070 is a stronger GPU - and VR benefits from higher framerates, so would probably "look" better.

The PSU, I believe was a pretty poor, budget unit. I'd be surprised if it was sufficient to run any form of higher-end hardware for long.

Aug 7, 2018
I got an acer headset, I connected it fluelessly to my 1070 as i said, and also it works fine (not amazing performance) on a gaming laptop msi with 1050ti.

if the the monitor HDMI just connected everyhing is fine game works fine how they should in the benchmarks

When i am in the headset everything is smooth besides the temporary blackouts... (but not as bright as the 1070).

TRENDING THREADS