Question Xiaomi Action Cam networking problem, trying to 'see' camera drive over network.

AvgWhiteGuy

Reputable
Aug 16, 2016
To keep it simple, I have a Xiaomi 4K Mi Action Camera with WiFI/Bluetooth that I can find via Win10 Notification Area > Network on it's own network [MiCam_CCC###], separate from my private home WiFi network [My_Net###].

I can also connect and control the camera via my Android phone with the Xiaomi MiHome app.

Whereas I can connect to it via Win10, I have no idea where/how in Win10 to 'see' it and transfer the images. Currently I have to connect it via USB to download the images/video. Note, I am not trying to control the camera or view it in a LIVE environment like a security camera, I just want to be able to view/download the memory chip data images via WiFi, without using a USB cable.

Any help would be appreciated,

AvgWhiteGuy

Reputable
Aug 16, 2016
If the Moderator of this Forum thinks it would be better served in another forum, please don't hesitate to move, copy, whatever. I've been frustrated and struggling over this for 6 months...and admit my ignorance :)

To keep it simple, I have a Xiaomi 4K Mi Action Camera with WiFI/Bluetooth that I can find via Win10 Notification Area > Network on it's own network [MiCam_CCC###], separate from my private home WiFi network [My_Net###].

I can also connect and control the camera via my Android phone with the Xiaomi MiHome app.

Whereas I can connect to it via Win10, I have no idea where/how in Win10 to 'see' it and transfer the images. Currently I have to connect it via USB to download the images/video. Note, I am not trying to control the camera or view it in a LIVE environment like a security camera, I just want to be able to view/download the memory chip data images via WiFi, without using a USB cable.

Any help would be appreciated,

That may not be possible unless you read something about it in the manual or their online support site.