Xiaomi Announces Mi 5 Flagship Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex davies

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
Is it just me, or are those VERY rough conversions from RMB to USD?
Uh yeah I'm getting RMB 2699 == $412USD...

Yes, we explain that in the article. The USD prices given by Xiaomi at its announcement were based on the cost in RMB less the 17% sales tax that is included in that figure. Below those numbers we do provide the approximate USD prices of the Mi5 if you were to buy one at the advertised RMB price.

poochiepiano

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010
Is it just me, or are those VERY rough conversions from RMB to USD?
Uh yeah I'm getting RMB 2699 == $412USD...

Yes, we explain that in the article. The USD prices given by Xiaomi at its announcement were based on the cost in RMB less the 17% sales tax that is included in that figure. Below those numbers we do provide the approximate USD prices of the Mi5 if you were to buy one at the advertised RMB price.
I see. I asked because I was originally just curious what the tax rate was in China and I was getting numbers from 17% to 33% which i thought was really weird.

MrKingD

Reputable
Oct 2, 2015
I'm using MI note LTE now and I'm planning to buy MI 5, however, all Xiaomi phone's 4G bands are limited to Chinese companies like band 1,3,7,38,39. And in US it's band 2 and 4, Britain 20. That means you can't use 4G network in some other countries. Some developers in XDA have successfully unlock bands with a Qualcomm's chip flash tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.