Xiaomi mi a2 bluetooth faulty

Pcstarter

Reputable
May 3, 2017
Hi!
So I recently purchased the xiaomi mi a2, and immideatly i noticed that when the screen is on, the bluetooth audio stream was choppy and sometimes crackling, but the moment i switched the screen off, the audio was normal. I cant find the problem.

Solution
Try a different BT device (bum a speaker off a friend or something). Try a different music app. IF that doesn't work, try a software reset. If that doesn't work, it's probably hardware and you should try a return. That should theoretically rule out software or the BT hardware you're using. If those are ruled out, the only remaining possibility, barring some deep software hacks is probably that the phone itself is broken and needs to be sent in for refund or warranty, depending on how long you've had it.

A tip for you, this is basically how you'd troubleshoot most computer issues. Isolate your variables - once you know precisely what is being affected, at that point you get a bit further on for what you need to search and ask about.
Try a different BT device (bum a speaker off a friend or something). Try a different music app. IF that doesn't work, try a software reset. If that doesn't work, it's probably hardware and you should try a return. That should theoretically rule out software or the BT hardware you're using. If those are ruled out, the only remaining possibility, barring some deep software hacks is probably that the phone itself is broken and needs to be sent in for refund or warranty, depending on how long you've had it.

A tip for you, this is basically how you'd troubleshoot most computer issues. Isolate your variables - once you know precisely what is being affected, at that point you get a bit further on for what you need to search and ask about.

Solution