XIDAX XM-6 Upgrade Compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

KroolYouTube

Honorable
Jul 26, 2016
Can I upgrade a XIDAX XM-6 that has a dedicated GTX 765m GPU? I'm looking at buying a new 1050m GPU for my laptop. I contacted the customer support of Xidax to get reassurance on this and the expert there said no, but is he just saying that so i'd dump another $2000 on a new laptop from them? I hear people saying you can upgrade a dedicated GPU and then some say you cant..

Solution
talk to the seller to see if still have the manual & also check online including XIDAX to see if can find that manual. the manual will show what panel(s) to access ram, hard drive & maybe videocard.

KroolYouTube

Honorable
Jul 26, 2016
That is a new chassis version, I have an older one that could use some newer parts. When I contacted XIDAX about the older chassis and it's upgrades, they said I can't upgrade my dedicated 765m. But I'm not sure if they just want me to fork another 2 grand on a new chassis with a 960m in it when I can buy a 1050m by itself and replace my 765m for ~$150

KroolYouTube

Honorable
Jul 26, 2016
I had bought this off from someone else that had used it, I don't ever remember receiving a manual. My CPU card is an i7-4800MQ. When I spoke to the tech support rep he had told me the reason why I can't replace the dedicated GPU is because on my chassis it's actually on the motherboard, but I'm really not convinced that's the case

Status
Not open for further replies.