[SOLVED] xigmatek aquarius plus case air flow

youssefV10

Commendable
Dec 15, 2021
I have xigmatek aquarius plus case and I'm installing 10 fans ( 3 bottom intake - 3 top intake - 3 side mounted exhaust - 1 at the back exhaust ) is this the best air flow for this case? And what should i do if isn't

Solution
It depends on the chassis' design, all the hardware you're cramming inside, fans being used and how fast you'll run them, and what you use the PC for...
Most setups tend to take a little hit to cpu thermals for better gpu ones, and it's not a bad thing, since it's the part that typically produces the most heat and power use is at its highest when it's active.
So it's not a bad idea to plan the cooling around the gpu if its a big one. Since most gpus intake from the bottom and dump their heat inside the PC:
-bottom intake
-side exhaust
-top exhaust
-rear exhaust
OPTIONAL: remove PCIe slot covers for enhanced gpu intake.
It sounds like too much exhaust, but the fans don't all need to be run at the same speeds either ¯\(ツ)

But...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It depends on the chassis' design, all the hardware you're cramming inside, fans being used and how fast you'll run them, and what you use the PC for...
Most setups tend to take a little hit to cpu thermals for better gpu ones, and it's not a bad thing, since it's the part that typically produces the most heat and power use is at its highest when it's active.
So it's not a bad idea to plan the cooling around the gpu if its a big one. Since most gpus intake from the bottom and dump their heat inside the PC:
-bottom intake
-side exhaust
-top exhaust
-rear exhaust
OPTIONAL: remove PCIe slot covers for enhanced gpu intake.
It sounds like too much exhaust, but the fans don't all need to be run at the same speeds either ¯\(ツ)

But really, do your own testing and the speculation and logical stuff can get dunked on.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS