[SOLVED] XL Monitor sweet spot between work/gaming?

bscott72000

Reputable
Jun 27, 2016
Just recently upgraded entire desktop system (Ryzen 5 series, RTX-3080, etc). I currently use a no-frills Asus monitor (28" wide, 16:9, I think 60MHz).

I'd like to obtain a noticably larger monitor with good specs for gaming, but also great for work (text appears clear and sharp, fine for video editing , and so on).

The kind of gaming I do is FPS, mainly open-world games, completely solo (Cyberpunk, GTA, Fallout). Have no interest in networked games, or streaming or anything like that. I would be fine with a totally-dedicated gaming monitor, but almost none of the reviews discuss work applications like reading PDFs, editing in Word, video production, etc.

Now that I've got a pretty good gaming-ready PC, I don't want the monitor to be the weak link. But it also has to be really, really good for it's main use: production.

What do you recommend?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
How much you got to spend? Going to be extremely costly to get a good color, sharp monitor that is larger than 28". I assume it is 4K already?

Typical 28" 4K 60hz panel is a few hundred. Ultrawide 4K screens are like $1500, and you can get things like 4K at 34" which will lower pixel density.

If you want a good mix between gaming and production I recommend Dell or LG. Or take a look at getting a Mac monitor for horrendous sums.