Question XLR Condenser mic phantom power supply won't turn on

Sep 16, 2019
Hey,

I recently bought the Neewer NW-800 with phantom power as a backup mic to one of my USB ones. I plugged everything in as it should and I plugged the XLR to 3.5mm into my PC soundcard. Everything worked fine for about 2 hours and then suddenly the phantom power shut off and never turned back on and I don't know why. The LED light at the front doesnt shine anymore.
Could it be a faulty power supply or have I done something wrong which caused it to fry. No one else seems to have ever had this issue, its either the mic or the sound card that breaks according to everyone whos had issues, never the power supply.

I should also mention that the mic works fine, and still produces audio when plugged directly into the PC, although very quiet without the power

The sound card is also perfectly fine with no issues whatsoever which leads me to believe its just the phantom power supply that is faulty but I want to know for sure.

Thanks

Sep 16, 2019
Yep I just confirmed with the seller that the issue was no fault of mine, but instead a fault with the power supply I have been given, no harm in making complete sure I hadn't fried anything though :)

Thank you