XLR Microphone not working through audio interface?

Sep 4, 2018
So i reset my PC (Windows 10) and ever since i reset it my microphone hasn't been working through my Behringer UM2 Audio Interface.

The interface itself is working fine (the light to indicate signal is picking up a signal from my mic + tested mic on laptop) but my PC itself can't properly pick up a signal.

In the recording tab of my sound settings, its displaying "Line in" (Used to display USB Audio Codec, before reset) and will show a very weak signal on the green bars.

I have tried
1. Installing the correct drivers for the device from manufacturers website (though i know for sure i didn't do that the first time i ever set up my audio interface and mic, and it worked fine)

2. Updated my windows audio drivers since the reset.

3. Using different USB ports for the interface

4. Using Phantom power through the interface

I don't really know what else i can do, the drivers from the manufacturers site seemed to of made it even more confusing, any help would be appriciated.

Solution
Line in is the integrated sounds cards input. weird problem, it is a problem with the drivers then or something, if you can try to change the cable, and/or check the device manager for that device does it show up even in device manager. it can "self install" it wrong so try to find it in the manager and uninstall (if it asks to remove device software, delete it) it if you have a problem finding it, expand all the things in the device manager and screenshot it (unplug the Audio interface first)then plug it back in and find what changed in manager. rightclick -> properties ->tab Driver -> Uninstall driver -> (a window should popup and ask if you are sure with a checkmark box to uninstall all software from that driver), after that unplug...

zero_l0gic

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018
check this, Right click the volume on the bar then go Sounds, in sounds you have a tab Recording in that tab you would need to see the USB audio Codec just set it as default ( if you can see it, if not try other USB cable.) you can check in device manager in Sound, Video game controlers if its there if not)

Sep 4, 2018

Thats the thing, after installing the drivers from the manufacturers website, it doesn't show up as USB Audio Codec anymore, not in the recording tab or the device manager, it now shows up as "Line in" and doesn't work

zero_l0gic

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018
Line in is the integrated sounds cards input. weird problem, it is a problem with the drivers then or something, if you can try to change the cable, and/or check the device manager for that device does it show up even in device manager. it can "self install" it wrong so try to find it in the manager and uninstall (if it asks to remove device software, delete it) it if you have a problem finding it, expand all the things in the device manager and screenshot it (unplug the Audio interface first)then plug it back in and find what changed in manager. rightclick -> properties ->tab Driver -> Uninstall driver -> (a window should popup and ask if you are sure with a checkmark box to uninstall all software from that driver), after that unplug the interface again restart the computer then plug it in again (restart is needed because services can still be running till windows restarts, and some services will stop the driver uninstall, and will reinstall the same driver)

Solution