Question XMG laptop - flashed wrong EC firmware - how to overwrite ?

Jan 11, 2023
Hello all,

I have problems with my XMG laptop's mainboard from 'Schenker technologies':

Board Information
Manufacturer: NB02
Product Name: GMxNGxx
Version: Standard
Serial Number: Standard
Asset Tag: Standard

I accidentally flashed the wrong EC firmware. I was lucky, apparently there are only problems with the "lid device", i.e. the notebook screen does not stay on when the battery is not fully charged ("ACPI: button: The lid device is not compliant to SW_LID.").

-> The wrong EC was available as a single file, version EC-1.23.61.
-> The correct EC is available in combination with the current BIOS, version EC-1.30.xx

Unfortunately, my BIOS still shows the old EC version, although I had subsequently flashed the new one. The BIOS itself was correctly updated to the new version.

The manufacturer does not get back to me. My search for other sources for the mainboard was unsuccessful.

Does anyone know what to do?

XMG Support

Commendable
Mar 31, 2020
The manufacturer does not get back to me.

How come? Did you reach out by e-mail? Did you get an automatic reply with a ticket number? If you did not get an automatic reply, see this FAQ article.

To get this started, please forward your e-mail to community@schenker-tech.de.
We will then ask you for your serial number or order number via e-mail and then send you the correct EC firmware seperately.

Cheers,
Tom

Reactions: shlee_c
Jan 11, 2023
No idea how that was possible. I did not get any reply at all. No ticket number, no forwarding confirmation.
I used the email addresses I found on the website and used my very standard e-mail provider @t-online.de
Thank you for pointing me to the community address!

########

EDIT: I just sent my inquiry to the community address, but from @mail.ch to mitigate potential problems from my other provider.

Last edited:

XMG Support

Commendable
Mar 31, 2020
E-Mail received and replied.

Background info: we currently have issues with the spam filter of our e-mail server, hosted by Microsoft. We currently have to manually check the spam folders to pull out customer e-mails - so virtually all customer e-mails reach us eventually. It seems that your e-mails have been missed by human error. We have opened a critical priority tech support ticket with Microsoft's cloud services to fix the underlying root issue. If this is not fixed ASAP, we will consider to make a formal announcement on our contact pages and our community forums. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Tom (Product Manager / Community Manager)

Reactions: shlee_c
Jan 11, 2023
Hello Tom,

thank you for the quick response! The attached EC Firmware works flawlessly.
Thanks for the background info, too. I hope Microsoft will fix the issue, soon.

Best regards,
Daniel