[SOLVED] XMP Boot - Fails then reboots

May 8, 2022
Hi all,

just need some assistance with my ram o.c, I have gskills 3600 when I turn on xmp my computer boots with no mouse or keyboard (they light up) but are unresponsive as is windows open his happens sometimes especially if I haven’t turned on the computer for a few hours, then it self reboots and works just fine with 3600, I’ve turned off xmp and tried and everything works fine can anyone help?

Montherboard is Gigabyte B660M Aorus Pro AX LGA 1700 DDR4 Micro ATX Motherboard

Solution
Using slot 2 and 4

current version is B660M Aorus pro ax ddr4 f4

G.Skill 16GB (2x 8GB) F4-3600C16D-16GTZRC DDR4 3600Mhz Tride
nt Z RGB

CPU is

Intel Core i5 12600 6 Core LGA 1700 CPU Processor
The product page for that board doesn't even SHOW an F4 BIOS version, so something is goofy there, but regardless, I'd update to the latest version which is F7a, before doing anything else.

Regarding app center, that's not surprising. I basically always, as a matter of course, recommend avoiding any of the motherboard manufacturer optional utilities. They almost always cause problems of some kind and there are generally just about always other 3rd party utilities that can provide the same capabilities that don't cause problems like...
Starting near the CPU socket and going towards the edge of the motherboard, 1, 2, 3, 4, WHICH slots do you have the memory installed in? 4 being the slot closest to the edge of the motherboard.

What motherboard BIOS version is currently installed?

What is the EXACT model of the memory kit you are using?

What CPU and CPU cooler model are you using?

May 8, 2022
Starting near the CPU socket and going towards the edge of the motherboard, 1, 2, 3, 4, WHICH slots do you have the memory installed in? 4 being the slot closest to the edge of the motherboard.

What motherboard BIOS version is currently installed?

What is the EXACT model of the memory kit you are using?

What CPU and CPU cooler model are you using?

Using slot 2 and 4

nt Z RGB

CPU is

Using slot 2 and 4

nt Z RGB

CPU is

The product page for that board doesn't even SHOW an F4 BIOS version, so something is goofy there, but regardless, I'd update to the latest version which is F7a, before doing anything else.

Regarding app center, that's not surprising. I basically always, as a matter of course, recommend avoiding any of the motherboard manufacturer optional utilities. They almost always cause problems of some kind and there are generally just about always other 3rd party utilities that can provide the same capabilities that don't cause problems like HWinfo, CPU-Z, and others. For drivers, you should always update those manually by going to the product page for your motherboard and finding them there for download. Chipset, audio, network adapters and other onboard hardware drivers are best obtained in this way rather than using the Microsoft supplied generic drivers.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS