[SOLVED] xmp causing random restarts or no boots

Jul 10, 2020
Hi,
I recently built my PC and it works fine until I try to turn on xmp. When I turn it on it just doesn't boot or it just reboots until it doesn't boot. I have even tried using the dram calculator to manually set everything but it doesn't boot when I do that. Setting it to 3200mhz seems to work. I'm curious as to why 3600mhz doesn't though. BIOS is on the latest version and ram sticks are in the 2nd and 4th slots

Specifications:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YmQvJb

Solution
If Fastboot is enabled, disable it.

That's GTZRX ram, tested specifically by gskill for Ryzen compatability, (that's the X in the model code) so you shouldn't be having any issues with xmp or rated speeds at all. Honestly, I'd give gskill a call, it might turn out you have one or both sticks with some incompatability somewhere and gskill is always very interested in such. They try their best, but many times it's user experience and responses that lead to ram improvements or changes.

It's not unheard of for them to send a new set of ram after some attempts at settings adjustments.
Hi,
I recently built my PC and it works fine until I try to turn on xmp. When I turn it on it just doesn't boot or it just reboots until it doesn't boot. I have even tried using the dram calculator to manually set everything but it doesn't boot when I do that. Setting it to 3200mhz seems to work. I'm curious as to why 3600mhz doesn't though. BIOS is on the latest version and ram sticks are in the 2nd and 4th slots

Specifications:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YmQvJb
Set XMP and raise RAM voltage to 1.4v.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If Fastboot is enabled, disable it.

That's GTZRX ram, tested specifically by gskill for Ryzen compatability, (that's the X in the model code) so you shouldn't be having any issues with xmp or rated speeds at all. Honestly, I'd give gskill a call, it might turn out you have one or both sticks with some incompatability somewhere and gskill is always very interested in such. They try their best, but many times it's user experience and responses that lead to ram improvements or changes.

It's not unheard of for them to send a new set of ram after some attempts at settings adjustments.

Solution