[SOLVED] xmp does not work

Jul 23, 2020
My xmp settings simply doesen.t work, when i put xmp on it still says 2133 on every program Cpu-z, hwinfo etc and even in bios at the front page, same with trying putting it manually at 3000. I tried once to put it manually to 2933 and it would not boot, but on the front page where i went to change it back to normal would apeear that is indeed changed to 2933. Btw my rams are 3000Mhz.
So when i try changing it to 2933 it does change but not boot, but when i try to xmp or put it manually to 3000 nothing changes.

Solution
Did you add any voltage to the ram? Like 0.05v-0.1v. DDR4 can need upto 1.5v. Also there's the memory controller, that's usually System Agent or vccio or vccsa in bios. When you tried 2933MHz did you also change the timings to match the jedec tables listed in cpu-z?

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need more information. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

You might also want to power down the system, disconnect from the wall and remove the CMOS battery for at least 15 mins before replacing. See if you can then manually set the frequency and timings in BIOS. If you're on a Ryzen platform, make sure you see D.O.C.P in the settings when trying to overclock the ram.

RealBeast

Titan
My xmp settings simply doesen.t work, when i put xmp on it still says 2133 on every program Cpu-z, hwinfo etc and even in bios at the front page, same with trying putting it manually at 3000. I tried once to put it manually to 2933 and it would not boot, but on the front page where i went to change it back to normal would apeear that is indeed changed to 2933. Btw my rams are 3000Mhz.
So when i try changing it to 2933 it does change but not boot, but when i try to xmp or put it manually to 3000 nothing changes.
Please list the exact model number of your memory, motherboard and CPU. Thanks.

Jul 23, 2020
CPU: ryzen5 2500x
Motherboard: asrock b450 pro4
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C16 2x8GB
SSD/HDD: Adata SU650 960GB
GPU: GTX 1660ti (MSI)
PSU: idk, something 600W i think

Wolfshadw

Titan

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The ram might be XMP 3000, but that's not saying the bios has tables and multipliers for 3000. You'll probably need to set the ram manually for 2933MHz instead. 3000MHz is an OC value, the only guarantee about that is from the ram manufacturer saying it's been tested to RUN AT 3000MHz. There's no guarantee that the motherboard WILL RUN it at 3000MHz. It's not an uncommon occurance, it's been around since Ryzen first released, 2933MHz.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Did you add any voltage to the ram? Like 0.05v-0.1v. DDR4 can need upto 1.5v. Also there's the memory controller, that's usually System Agent or vccio or vccsa in bios. When you tried 2933MHz did you also change the timings to match the jedec tables listed in cpu-z?

Solution