Question XMP enabled and PC failed to boot ?

Oct 27, 2022
Hi all,
I'm running 16GB Corsair vengeance ddr4 3600mhz.

Unfortunalty the pc has defualted it to 2133mhz.

I've gone into Bios and enabled XMP to boost the ram upto its advertised speed but my pc has now failed to boot with XMP on.

Any suggestions on how to get it to the speed of 3600mhz as advertised ?

Computer specs:
i5-8600K
GTX 1070
MSI Z370 gaming plus motherboard.

Lutfij

Titan
BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? Have you tried manually inputting the info stated on the stickered side of the memory into your BIOS? Got a link to the ram you're working with? Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Which DIMM slots, EXACTLY, are they installed in? Starting at the CPU socket and moving towards the edge of the motherboard, 1, 2, 3, 4?

What is the currently installed motherboard BIOS version?

What is the EXACT model of the memory kit?

Did ALL memory come in a single kit or were any DIMMs purchased separately/individually?

Oct 27, 2022
Memory is compatible with that board based on the Corsair memory finder utility, which is about as accurate a compatibility list for Corsair memory as you'll find.

Make sure they are installed in the second and fourth slots over from the CPU, which are the A2 and B2 slots, and that you have the latest stable motherboard BIOS version installed.

imapc2

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2012
I am by no means an expert so take this as you wish. But this is how I fixed my computer crashing because of the RAM.

The XMP setting was only sending like 1.20v to the sticks, I had to change the voltage to 1.35v manually since it was basically undervolted. It has been running for a couple years now without issue but I'm still frustrated about the solution.

If you find a better way to fix it let me know.