Question XMP issues after ~10 months of use ?

Debris

Distinguished
May 31, 2015
Hello, I put together my PC about 9-10 months ago, and it was running fine until it entered a bootloop and posted only after shorting cmos. Now enabling xmp profile fails to post. Absolutely no software or hardware changes from the initial boot to now. I don't understand what might cause instability after running fine for so long and I don't know how to even start solving it. I don't have spare parts at hand.

Specs:
CPU: i5-11600k
MB: MSI Z590 PRO WIFI
RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200

RAM "going bad" is pretty rare, but, it does happen from time to time. More probable would be an issue with the motherboard.

Let's start by telling me exactly which slots you have the DIMMs installed in? Are they in the A2 and B2 slots, which are the second and fourth slots over to the right of the CPU socket?

Debris

Distinguished
May 31, 2015
RAM "going bad" is pretty rare, but, it does happen from time to time. More probable would be an issue with the motherboard.

Let's start by telling me exactly which slots you have the DIMMs installed in? Are they in the A2 and B2 slots, which are the second and fourth slots over to the right of the CPU socket?

yes, they are.

I tried manually setting the clock to 3200mhz and the voltage to 1.35 on 100 and 133 multipliers but not much else, still didn't post

Last edited: