Question XMP not working , cant OC Toughram 3600, gigabyte z370xp

bofus10

Reputable
May 5, 2016
Hello Comunity,
Recently I bought a pair of DDR4 2x8 3600 toughram, really nice looking... Sticks work but mother is using stock 2600MHZ to run it... I tried to enable the XMP, but once applied, PC keeps rebooting, so I clear CMOS and try several configs, none of them succeded... Also, I read its not necesary to enable XMP profile to OC ram, but if I dont, then no matter what I change, it all stays the same... I have tried manualy settings like:
  • VCCSA/VCCIO: 1.15
  • Timming values to: 19 19 19 43 (acording to asrock timming calc) and also to 16 20 20 40
  • DRAM voltage to: 1.40v and 1.35v
  • Freq: 3200, 3600
With XMP enable, it just wont boot. If I disable XMP it ignores changes....
My setup:
MOBO: Gigabyte Z370xp SLI
Proc: Intel i5 8400
RAM: Toughram DDR4 3600MHz

If anyone could help I would appriciate a lot!

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Which slots are you populating on that board? On another note, which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? You can try and manually input the timings, frequency and voltage in the BIOS. Also, got a link to the ram kit you purchased?

Rebooting...hmmm, what is the make and model of your PSU and it's age?

bofus10

Reputable
May 5, 2016
Which slots are you populating on that board? On another note, which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? You can try and manually input the timings, frequency and voltage in the BIOS. Also, got a link to the ram kit you purchased?

• Hey! I really appriciate your help, let me answer..
    I have four slots, I tried first slots 1 and 2 (which are 1 and 3) and then the other ones 2 and 4. Same result..
  • I upgraded to latests BIOS version that is 15a.
  • I have tried to manually input the values on the mother board, unless Im doing it wrong, but I dont think so. I will try to upload a picture later... I have tried manually all the settings I mentions with Timmings and Voltages. But only if XMP is enable, If I change values without enabling XMP, OS boots but no change on ram.
  • The website I bought from does not have many specs, just:
  • Size: 16 GB.
    Speed: 3600 Mhz.
    Tipo: DDR4.
    Cantidad De Memorias: 2.
    Latencia CAS: 18 CL.
    Voltaje: 1.35 V.
  • https://es.thermaltake.com/toughram-rgb-memoryddr4-3600mhz-16g-8g-x2.html
  • Yes, when I say rebooting it does not even get post, I can see the leds on the MOBO showing CPU > RAM > GPU and the pc resets, black screen. My PSU is a seasonic 850 gold I think, Its has some years on it, my guess is 5 or 6.

Thanks!

bofus10

Reputable
May 5, 2016

Anythoughts? Anything I can try :S Appriciate!