bassrocket

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
Hi, my PC build that I'm so proud of will not use the built in OC Genie or the XMP profiles.

I have a:
MSI X299 SLI Plus mobo
Intel i7 7820X CPU
Crucial Balistix Elite DDR4 3200 RAM
Single AMD Radeon RX580 graphics card
NZXT Kraken X62 liquid cooler kit
Samsung 960 Pro 500GB M.2 SSD (OS)
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD (data)
WD Raptor 1TB HD (stroage)
Samsung DVD bluray drive
Corsair case w/ Seasonic 1300w PSU
3-120mm's and 1-140mm case fans The liquid cooler also has two large fans that exhaust out the top of the case.
I have the latest BIOS and drivers from MSI.
I'd like to do a mild overclock, just to get the RAM up to it's advertised 3200. But Neither the BIOS' OC Genie nor the XMP profile will boot the PC. I remember both working in the past, but after many Windows 10 updates and driver updates, neither will work.

I know this is a shot in the dark and you all will probable tell me to go the old route of searching the net and doing all kinds of trial and error. But since it used to work, I'm hoping someone else may have a similar system and found a working solution?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Peace!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I have a build similar to yours(see PC Partpicker link in sig).
I think it has something to do with the recent Windows update, as for awhile now, I had my 3466mhz kit OC to 4000 - confirmed stable with Memtest86, Prime95 6hrs, and 4 different 8hr Asus Realbench runs.
For the last 2-3 days, when I would power the PC on in the morning, I would get the automatic repair message window after the bios screen.
Afterwards, I would reset the PC, get past Windows log-in, then run a system file check followed by a checkdisk, with neither one of them having to fix or repair anything.
So, for the time being, I'm running on the XMP profile and haven't had any issues with it yet, but I only just changed it this morning. It might happen to me again when I power on tomorrow morning.

bassrocket

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
stick with 1 thread
Hi, my PC build that I'm so proud of will not use the built in OC Genie or the XMP profiles.

I have a:
MSI X299 SLI Plus mobo
Intel i7 7820X CPU
Crucial Balistix Elite DDR4 3200 RAM
Single AMD Radeon RX580 graphics card
NZXT Kraken X62 liquid cooler kit
Samsung 960 Pro 500GB M.2 SSD (OS)
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD (data)
WD Raptor 1TB HD (stroage)
Samsung DVD bluray drive
Corsair case w/ Seasonic 1300w PSU
3-120mm's and 1-140mm case fans The liquid cooler also has two large fans that exhaust out the top of the case.
I have the latest BIOS and drivers from MSI.
I'd like to do a mild overclock, just to get the RAM up to it's advertised 3200. But Neither the BIOS' OC Genie nor the XMP profile will boot the PC. I remember both working in the past, but after many Windows 10 updates and driver updates, neither will work.

I know this is a shot in the dark and you all will probable tell me to go the old route of searching the net and doing all kinds of trial and error. But since it used to work, I'm hoping someone else may have a similar system and found a working solution?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Peace!

bassrocket

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
I have a build similar to yours(see PC Partpicker link in sig).
I think it has something to do with the recent Windows update, as for awhile now, I had my 3466mhz kit OC to 4000 - confirmed stable with Memtest86, Prime95 6hrs, and 4 different 8hr Asus Realbench runs.
For the last 2-3 days, when I would power the PC on in the morning, I would get the automatic repair message window after the bios screen.
Afterwards, I would reset the PC, get past Windows log-in, then run a system file check followed by a checkdisk, with neither one of them having to fix or repair anything.
So, for the time being, I'm running on the XMP profile and haven't had any issues with it yet, but I only just changed it this morning. It might happen to me again when I power on tomorrow morning.
Hi, thanks for the reply!
Can you tell me what you used to check your system files with? I know what checkdisc is. I'd like to try doing the same.