[SOLVED] XMP problem on new build ?

Apr 2, 2022
Hi
I just got my build two days ago. At first everything was going well I noticed and everything was perfect but I wanted to reinstall windows since the company that built it left one already. After getting into the bios to reinstall windows etc I realized that the pc with the xmp 1 was not working so I dropped it to 3200mhz to make it work again.

bios and drivers updated
There were no more problems but why [redacted] does it not work at 3600mhz ? I don't know what to do

PC

I9-12900K
Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4 - MOBO1700 ATX
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600 MHz
MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Z Trio 12G LHR
nxzt z63
SAMSUNG M.2 1TB
HDD WD 2TB 3.5
PSU CORSAIR 1000W 80 PLUS G

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
You have chosen OC RAM at 3600Mhz whereas your CPU supports up to 3200Mhz and that maybe your issue.
The IMC (Integrated Memory Controller) that resides on your chip determines the max frequency you will achieve.
Always install RAM that are listed on the MB QVL that have been tested and known to work.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you working with on your platform? What OS are you on? If Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on? As for your rams, which slots are they populating on your motherboard?

You have chosen OC RAM at 3600Mhz whereas your CPU supports up to 3200Mhz and that maybe your issue.
The IMC (Integrated Memory Controller) that resides on your chip determines the max frequency you will achieve.
Always install RAM that are listed on the MB QVL that have been tested and known to work.

Solution