[SOLVED] XMP Profile Causes black screen, had to reset CMOS.

Dec 6, 2020
I just upgraded to this:

MOBO: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X
RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHZ 4x8 32Gb (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR) CL 16-16-16-36

I tried enabling the A-XMP profile on my motherboard for the 3600 MHZ with the above timing and it just blackscreens forever.

I ended up having to reset the bios by removing the CMOS battery and holding down the power button to get the PC to boot again.

Is there something I can do to get my RAM running at, or near its rated speed?

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which BIOS version are yo currently on for your motherboard? Cross-reference MSI's support page to see if yo have BIOS updates pending. Gradually work your way to the latest as opposed to jumping onto the latest version.

With your current BISO version, did you try manually inputting the voltage, frequency and timings seen on the stickers of the rams in BIOS, manually?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which BIOS version are yo currently on for your motherboard? Cross-reference MSI's support page to see if yo have BIOS updates pending. Gradually work your way to the latest as opposed to jumping onto the latest version.

With your current BISO version, did you try manually inputting the voltage, frequency and timings seen on the stickers of the rams in BIOS, manually?

Solution
Dec 6, 2020
So M=Flash was not working. I had to download Dragon Center and update the bios from there, which was successful.

But...now I can't get out of the freaking bios. I exit and it just loads me back into the bios.