Question XMP Profile causes games/random applications to crash

Sniperclub01

Reputable
Nov 26, 2015
I boughta 4x8GB of Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB Ram kit over the holidays and tested everything to make sure it was all working at first. I had no issues before settings things to XMP Profile on my Z170-P motherboard in the bios system.

After turning XMP on I changed nothing else as I don't really know if there's much else needed to be changed with the RAM automatically going to 3600 mhz and all the other things being set to Auto.
I am running an i7 6700k if that makes any major differences.
The crashes aren't that severe, infact they're quite minor nuisances but I still feel as though it's definitely XMP causing it and was wondering if there's a fix. (League Bugsplatting now once a day in comparison to once every few months, randomly chrome tabs slap a "aw, snap" error with a reload button after swapping it to my other monitors or playing youtube videos and then it instantly acts like it's fine again for some reason).
None of this was ever happening before without XMP profiling on so I figured it may be the cause, I'll definitely turn it off to troubleshoot more here in the near future but that's all.

Lutfij

Titan
Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the age of the PSU and the ram kit you sued prior. I'd also suggest that you make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for the board before trying X.M.P again. Might want to also see if manually inputting the timings, frequency and voltage changes your experience.