[SOLVED] XMP profile enabled = worse performance?

Jan 13, 2021
Hello, i just got and build my first pc using the ryzen 5600x CPU, i got a cinebenchR23 score of 11272 in multicore. Afterwards i noticed my RAM was at 2133 mHz. I then enabled the XMP profile in bios so that my RAM would run at 3600 mHz which is the speed they support. I then got a cinebench score of 10836 after enabling XMP profile, does anyone know why there was a drop in performance?

Solution
1)If you ran the benchmark from a cold boot and then ran it again after it 'warmed up', of course the score will be lower.
Warm it up for a few mins first, then run a benchmark so you're not chasing after impractical scores.

2)The timings on that kit can't be good if the CAS Latency is a 19... that's going to offset the frequency benefits a little.
It did make the kit cheaper, I bet.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)If you ran the benchmark from a cold boot and then ran it again after it 'warmed up', of course the score will be lower.
Warm it up for a few mins first, then run a benchmark so you're not chasing after impractical scores.

2)The timings on that kit can't be good if the CAS Latency is a 19... that's going to offset the frequency benefits a little.
It did make the kit cheaper, I bet.

Solution