[SOLVED] XMP Profile Gskills Trident Z Neo 3800 Mhz

lolyko-o

Honorable
May 26, 2015
Hi, I have upgraded to this RAM, and it gives me these values in CPU-Z. As you can see, NB Frequency and DRAM Frequency do not coincide. In BIOS everything is in stock and with XMP profile activated.
The team is:
Motherboard ------ Aorus Master X570
CPU ----------------- 3900X
RAM ---------------- Gskills Trident Z Neo 32 GB 3800 Mhz cl14

View: https://i.imgur.com/b8DqCG9.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
After something like 3733Mhz, the infinity fabric drops to a 2:1 ratio.
Drop down to 3600Mhz and see if things return to normal.

lolyko-o

Honorable
May 26, 2015
Hello, first thanks for the answer, but go "chore", pay a lot of money and then lose "performance". And that AMD said that these memories are the best optimized for Ryzen 3000 ...

lolyko-o

Honorable
May 26, 2015
AMD didn't make those RAM, Gskil did and besides, Optimized for this or that CPU is just a gimmick, just like "gaming" computer case :)
Well, to be exact if AMD said it, I say it because I read it in an article. Anyway, I'm not criticizing anyone, nor AMD, but it is something quite "ugly", in my opinion, that you buy a product and you cannot take advantage of all the performance, although obviously the loss is not serious, but if you pay for something .... And Gskills wouldn't be to blame for that either, since this loss is only with Ryzen

Well, to be exact if AMD said it, I say it because I read it in an article. Anyway, I'm not criticizing anyone, nor AMD, but it is something quite "ugly", in my opinion, that you buy a product and you cannot take advantage of all the performance, although obviously the loss is not serious, but if you pay for something .... And Gskills wouldn't be to blame for that either, since this loss is only with Ryzen
There are applications where RAM frequency counts most but all of that was already known before somebody buys CPU.

lolyko-o

Honorable
May 26, 2015
There are applications where RAM frequency counts most but all of that was already known before somebody buys CPU.
Not everyone has to know what the exact specifications and inner workings of a cpu are. There are many people who go to an establishment and buy products that they recommend. So I say that if AMD with its Infinity Fabric has these "shortcomings", it must be said. As I say, it is not a serious loss. Just 10-15 ns in latencies .. ?? Truthfully, I don't think mortals notice that. Anyway, I think we diverted the subject. My question is, if the Fclk could not be changed in bios, to go beyond even 1900 mhz

Not everyone has to know what the exact specifications and inner workings of a cpu are. There are many people who go to an establishment and buy products that they recommend. So I say that if AMD with its Infinity Fabric has these "shortcomings", it must be said. As I say, it is not a serious loss. Just 10-15 ns in latencies .. ?? Truthfully, I don't think mortals notice that. Anyway, I think we diverted the subject. My question is, if the Fclk could not be changed in bios, to go beyond even 1900 mhz
FCLK is BIOS option and it's up to BIOS to set it according to XMP.