XMP Profile in Bios

GamesOn

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
Currently I have 2 Corsair Vengeance 4x2 1600MHz rams and they are running at 1333MHz, I see an XMP option in Bios but idk if I should touch it, it says XMP Disable >Profile 1 which will set speeds to 1600MHz, but if I pick the profile 1 do I have to do anything after that? Like setting voltage, latency and stuff manually? Or is just 1 click?

Solution
From my experience it's a one click. It says XMP Profile - so it means it's predetermined on how the rest of the parameters will behave depending on selected frequency

GamesOn

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016

Thank you, it worked the way you said. It warned me about the settings it will change and that included everything from frequency to voltage and others.

I'm having one more problem, my windows boot logo appears twice, you know the windows loading screen, once it loads for 6-7 seconds then it comes again where the loading little dots are circling slow (laggy), Windows 10 64bit here.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

IS THE WHOLE SYSTEM lagging or just the boot.

GamesOn

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016

No, there's no lag. That's not what I meant. Its just that the Windows boot logo appears twice, this one:

https://fud.community.services.support.microsoft.com/Fud/FileDownloadHandler.ashx?fid=2c2628d5-2343-4fb6-8b5a-a6b014d4051b

Once it loads and screen goes black then it comes again, but the second time when those white dots are circling they are laggy, this however slows my windows boot time. I can provide a video if my explanation isn't good enough here.

GamesOn

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016

Seems like its fixed now, all I did was reset bios settings before I tried XMP option, right now rams run at 1600MHz, and boot is fine now, 1 screen only. If it happens next time I'll give Fast Boot options a try.

Thanks a lot.

TRENDING THREADS