Question Xmp profile issue

Bcawesomer

Prominent
Mar 17, 2022
motherboard evga z490 dark
bios 1.09 on profile 1 and 1.07 on profile 2
cpu im pretty sure is a i910850k
my old ram broke and my new ram is a F4-4000C16D-32GVKA and I have a profile of my old ram amp profile I can run but when ever I use it it causes issues and error on a tm5 test but when ever I use my amp profile for my ram it causes ram failure

motherboard evga z490 dark
bios 1.09 on profile 1 and 1.07 on profile 2
cpu im pretty sure is a i910850k
my old ram broke and my new ram is a F4-4000C16D-32GVKA and I have a profile of my old ram amp profile I can run but when ever I use it it causes issues and error on a tm5 test but when ever I use my amp profile for my ram it causes ram failure
Reset CMOS and use xmp profile for new RAM.

Not positive but I’m pretty sure I already tried that I have click the button on the back of my motherboard and inside my motherboard
That just resets CMOS to factory defaults but XMP profile will have to be enabled again to fit specific RAM. Most slower RAM up to 3000-3200MHz defaults to 2133MHz and faster to 2400MHz.
XMP profile is not going to be automatically applied, you have to enter BIOS options and enable it yourself. Even if you have saved settings for old RAM it doesn't mean it's right for new. Bios just reads XMP from particular RAM and sets frequency and many other settings (like Cas latency etc) that is in that particular RAM's control chip.

Bcawesomer

Prominent
Mar 17, 2022
Not positive but I’m pretty sure I already tried that I have click the button on the back of my motherboard and inside my motherboard
That just resets CMOS to factory defaults but XMP profile will have to be enabled again to fit specific RAM. Most slower RAM up to 3000-3200MHz defaults to 2133MHz and faster to 2400MHz.
XMP profile is not going to be automatically applied, you have to enter BIOS options and enable it yourself. Even if you have saved settings for old RAM it doesn't mean it's right for new. Bios just reads XMP from particular RAM and sets frequency and many other settings (like Cas latency etc) that is in that particular RAM's control chip.
then how do I reset cause im enabling the new xmp profile but then my computer won't boot and the light 4 ram failure turns on on my motherboard