Question XMP profile not working

Mar 3, 2019
I have been trying to fix this issue for days, I have 3000MHz RAM (2 X 8GB correctly running in dual channel) and I have been trying to get the XMP profile to work that allows them to run at their advertised 3000MHz.

When I apply the XMP profile in the BIOS it does not change in Windows, task manager still says 2133MHz and CPU-Z says 1066 (I know you have to double that number, making it 2133).

I have tried changing all of th values manually and rebooting, still the same effect. I changed the RAM positions today, still the same, and I have tried using Ryzen Master to put in the correct timings which also didn't work.

When I go into CPU-Z the timings it displays for the RAM is the stock ones for the RAM and not the ones I applied in the BIOS.

I updated to the latest BIOS today and updated the chipset driver to the latest also.

Any help would be appreciated!

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 2700x @ 4.2Ghz
CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070ti AMP! Edition
Motherboard: Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb (3000mhz) DDR4.
Storage: Intel M.2 SSD 128GB/ 1tb WD Blue HDD/ 2tb Seagate Barricuda 7200 RPM
PSU: Corsair CS650M
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Tempered Glass Black
Monitor: AOC G2460PF 24 inch 144 Hz LED Gaming Monitor, 2x BenQ 22" 1080p LED Monitors
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB - Browns
Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB
Mouse Mat: Steelseries QCK Heavy
Headset: Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee
Controller: Xbox One controller.

Last edited:
Does BIOS confirm new frequency ? If you turn off Gigabyte greeting screen you should see the frequency displayed for few seconds while starting. Windows may not show correct frequency, only starting frequency but CPU-Z should. Also make sure you have RAM in proper slots, I believe they should be in A2 and B2 but do check MB manual.

Mar 3, 2019
Does BIOS confirm new frequency ? If you turn off Gigabyte greeting screen you should see the frequency displayed for few seconds while starting. Windows may not show correct frequency, only starting frequency but CPU-Z should. Also make sure you have RAM in proper slots, I believe they should be in A2 and B2 but do check MB manual.
I tried the RAM in both dual channel configurations but it didn't change anything. How do you disable the greeting screen?

Mar 3, 2019
Update:
I just tried setting my XMP profile to 2, this changes my RAM frequency to 2666MHz in the BIOS and in Windows.

I tried to switch back to XMP profile 1 and it just resets it back to 2133MHz. This is getting weird...