Question XMP Profile Option Does not show up In BIOS of GIGABYTE Motherboard.

Jul 12, 2019
I have a GIGABYTE B360M-H Motherboard with an Intel Core i5-9400F that does indeed support 2666Mhz RAM, which is a G SKILL Aegis 16GB x 1 2666Mhz plug and play RAM, My Motherboard does support XMP profile as said in the users manual. However it says to achieve 2666MHz, AND enable XMP u need to install a 8th Gen processor of intel. Now i would just disregard this question and wait for a bios update that supports xmp for 9th gen processors, but only in the BIOS itself the RAM works at 2666MHz, when it boots into windows, it goes back to 1333MHz, I tried finding the XMP option, made sure my Motherboard is at its latest bios version, as of today, F13, My CPU does support 2666Mhz so that isnt the case. If anyone has any closure or solution please do tell. Thank you. I tried Multiple tutorials and websites but i didnt find anyone with the same problem, and troubleshooting all the different possible causes clearly has not done anything.

edit: the link to aegis g skill ram is down so i cant send the picture but heres the link if it ever comes back up.
https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-2666c19s-16gis

image to the current freq

image to the uefi of the bios

Last edited:

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
When the board launched, 8th Gen Intel is all there was, so it's not saying "not with 9th Gen", there was no such thing at the time.

DDR = Double Data Rate.
What you're seeing in Windows is half (that you then 'double'), so 1333MHz in Windows x2 = 2666MHz.

There is no such thing as 1333MHz DDR4.

Jul 12, 2019
When the board launched, 8th Gen Intel is all there was, so it's not saying "not with 9th Gen", there was no such thing at the time.

DDR = Double Data Rate.
What you're seeing in Windows is half (that you then 'double'), so 1333MHz in Windows x2 = 2666MHz.

There is no such thing as 1333MHz DDR4.
Alright so my Ram is working at 2666Mhz and im just dumb? xD I did think it had something to do with double data rate, but i didnt look into it.