XMP Profile Won't Boot

Candy_Flip

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
Hey guys so I have a new build and everything runs great... except my RAM.
Here's my build for reference;
i7-8700k @ 5.0GHz - Delided - Liquid metal - Copper IHS
Kracken x62 Water Loop
32GB DDR4 3200Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum
NZXT N7 Z370 Mobo
GTX 1080Ti Asus Strix 11GB
1000w PSU

Note: I have some overclocking experience but by no means am I advanced with this. I apply XMP profile and overclock the CPU a bit with adjusted voltages and then just MSI afterburner for a GPU OC.

Issue, my overclock works just fine for the CPU, stable temps, stable voltages for the most part but anytime I try and tweak the RAM or put it in XMP mode @ 3200Mhz or even 3000Mhz it attempts to boot then brings me back to BIOS with the last 'safe' settings.

I dont understand RAM timings or how voltages are affected when it is applied and the problem may be elsewhere with this if the XMP profile boosts my cpu clock or anything else by default.

If you guys have any questions or suggestions please ask away I'm at a dead end here with stuff to try.

Solution
You may need some adjustments to the VCCIO and VCCSA voltages. Sometimes the XMP programmed ones just aren't quite right for your particular IMC. What "tweaks" are you using to get your OC settings regarding CPU. Not concerned with GPU for this. BTW, nice build overall, but be aware that motherboards themselves play an important rule in gettings higher memory frequencies based on components used in their construction. I see you have the first NZXT board made available. I'm not sure if their first attempt at a board may be partly to blame. I'm assuming latest UEFI.
You may need some adjustments to the VCCIO and VCCSA voltages. Sometimes the XMP programmed ones just aren't quite right for your particular IMC. What "tweaks" are you using to get your OC settings regarding CPU. Not concerned with GPU for this. BTW, nice build overall, but be aware that motherboards themselves play an important rule in gettings higher memory frequencies based on components used in their construction. I see you have the first NZXT board made available. I'm not sure if their first attempt at a board may be partly to blame. I'm assuming latest UEFI.

Solution

Candy_Flip

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015

This is the first time that my xmp profile hasnt bee able to apply, and I'm new to tweaking RAM voltages. What is a good range to work with initally on VCCIO and VCCSA voltages. for example a rule of thumb when cpu OC is like 1.3-1.35 for Vcore. is there a recommended starting point on these?