[SOLVED] XMP Profile

Mar 8, 2020
hi guys ,

i thnk xmp profile is making my com cranky .

it sometimes just freezes into a black screen with no signal .

i have to do a hard reboot .

can anyone pls tell me what i need do when i enable XMP profile 1 or 2 what voltages do i need to change ?

im running 8gb x 2 dual channel DDR 4 ram

B8gHgQi.jpg

Solution
sorry actually voltage was default at 1.208v . i took the screen shot when i changed the voltage but i decided to check in any tech forums before i changed it
No problem... but that does happen to be the issue with my MSI board. I have to manually set the DRAM voltage as the BIOS won't do it from the XMP profile. Of course, I have a gimped-BIOS, older B450 board but it's something to try on the chance.

And at any rate, 1.400V does seem high for that frequency/timings and would make me want to find a lower stable voltage which means manually setting it. I'd start with manually setting whatever's in the memory kit package spec's.
hi guys ,

i thnk xmp profile is making my com cranky .

it sometimes just freezes into a black screen with no signal .

i have to do a hard reboot .

can anyone pls tell me what i need do when i enable XMP profile 1 or 2 what voltages do i need to change ?

im running 8gb x 2 dual channel DDR 4 ram

B8gHgQi.jpg
I looks to me like the XMP profile wants DRAM voltage to be 1.400 and the BIOS is setting it to 1.208.

I'd dial in a manual DRAM voltage equal to what the profile, and probably package specs, call for and see if that helps. If that is 1.400V, which does seem a bit high for only 2933Mtps, and it makes it stable then try lowering it .025V or so at a time to find lowest stable voltage.

Mar 8, 2020
I looks to me like the XMP profile wants DRAM voltage to be 1.400 and the BIOS is setting it to 1.208.

I'd dial in a manual DRAM voltage equal to what the profile, and probably package specs, call for and see if that helps. If that is 1.400V, which does seem a bit high for only 2933Mtps, and it makes it stable then try lowering it .025V or so at a time to find lowest stable voltage.
sorry actually voltage was default at 1.208v . i took the screen shot when i changed the voltage but i decided to check in any tech forums before i changed it

No problem... but that does happen to be the issue with my MSI board. I have to manually set the DRAM voltage as the BIOS won't do it from the XMP profile. Of course, I have a gimped-BIOS, older B450 board but it's something to try on the chance.

And at any rate, 1.400V does seem high for that frequency/timings and would make me want to find a lower stable voltage which means manually setting it. I'd start with manually setting whatever's in the memory kit package spec's.

Solution
Mar 8, 2020

And at any rate, 1.400V does seem high for that frequency/timings and would make me want to find a lower stable voltage which means manually setting it.
ok i just tried 1.35v , hopefully it works , other then for DRAM voltage do i need change anything else ? thnaks

Mar 8, 2020
Other than make sure you've updated your BIOS... and oh yeah, even though that's an X570 board do temper expectations since the 2600+ processor doesn't have a greatly improved IMC like Ryzen 3000 processors do.
yes i just updated the bios to the latest and it seems ok ... have just update the voltage . will monitor and update :)

thanks

Mar 8, 2020
Other than make sure you've updated your BIOS... and oh yeah, even though that's an X570 board do temper expectations since the 2600+ processor doesn't have a greatly improved IMC like Ryzen 3000 processors do.
can i ask if this is correct speed of 3200 Mhz im supposed to get ? also are my timings too slow ?

not sure the correct term for the timings .

Xtm9Wh3.jpg