[SOLVED] XMP profiles not supported/Overclocking ram

Jul 28, 2020
Having some issues figuring out ram timing and xmp profiles. My bios version is old but im a little afraid to update it due to some horror stories I have seen. I have dual channel Teamgroup-UD4-3000 x 2 cpu-z says max bandwidth is 2400mhz so i assume thats per module? This is when looking under spd tab on cpu-z. My question is would it even be worth messing with flashing bios or just setting the cpu-z xmp profile manually in my current bios version?

This is on a msi 450m pro vdh mobo with a ryzen 3 2200G. Trying to up my ram to make my escape from tarkov load times faster due to the poor optimization of the game . Thank and i can provide more info if needed.

Solution
I don't think load times are going to be affected by the rams, more likely that the load times are tied to your storage. More over, what BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? What is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? You should try and manually input the frequency as well as voltage and timings(as seen on the stickered part of the rams in BIOS.

Lutfij

Titan
I don't think load times are going to be affected by the rams, more likely that the load times are tied to your storage. More over, what BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? What is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? You should try and manually input the frequency as well as voltage and timings(as seen on the stickered part of the rams in BIOS.

Solution