[SOLVED] XMP setting is not in Bois

Oct 9, 2019
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/nt36hg

These are the parts to my first PC build, I done a benchmark test, which told me my ram is under performing. I got told to make sure XMP is enabled in Bois, my problem is that i cannot find the XMP setting or it isn't there at all. on the ASRock website it said that my mother board which is the B360 Pro 4 supports XMP. Also i would like to know if i can overclock my CPU i7 8700k with this motherboard. Thanks.

I got told to make sure XMP is enabled in Bois, my problem is that i cannot find the XMP setting or it isn't there at all.
See if there is an advanced mode (f7). Also, because of your motherboard chipset, your ram speed will be limited to 2666mhz even with xmp on.

like to know if i can overclock my CPU i7 8700k with this motherboard
Nope. You picked a cheap B series motherboard that doesnt support overclocking and limits ram speed to 2666mhz.

Oct 9, 2019
See if there is an advanced mode (f7). Also, because of your motherboard chipset, your ram speed will be limited to 2666mhz even with xmp on.

Nope. You picked a cheap B series motherboard that doesnt support overclocking and limits ram speed to 2666mhz.

Thanks for the reply! can you recommend me a mother board that will be the same size as the one i have and will be able to overclock my CPU and will not limit my ram speed please.

will it be fine to swap all my parts onto a new board as i only build this PC 3 weeks ago.

Can my power supply handle the overclocking?

Thanks!