[SOLVED] XMP

Feb 20, 2019
Ive been into PC gaming for a few years now but never got into the nitty gritty of how my PC is running until recently despite how much money I’ve sunk into my setup, but I’ve recently realized that all this had XMP enabled in bios so I’ve been running my ram at 2133mhz instead of 3000mhz. While I was fixing that I also adjusted my memory ref clock from 100 to 133 and got some boot failure notice when my PC started up after a series of very loud beeps coming from my motherboard. I proceeded to set the ref clock back to 100 and rebooted with just the xmp activated but was stuck on a black screen with the flashing white bar at the top left you see when turning it on. Could anyone tell me if I did something I shouldn’t have? I don’t think I have any issues with quality of components or incompatibility because excluding my gpu (next upgrade) I have a strong build so maybe I’m just missing something in my ignorance

PC Specs
X299 Aorus Gaming 3 Motherboard
Intel I7 7800X 6-core
16GB GSkill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz
GIGABYTE GTX 1050ti
Adata 240gb SSD & two Seagate barracuda 2TB hdd

Solution
When you adjust base/ref (BCLK/FSB) frequency it also influences memory and PCIe clocks. When you raised it and also set XMP to max it also sent RAM frequency sky high and it couldn't work at that frequency.