[SOLVED] XMP

Solution
Some RAM will only run at higher speeds with slightly higher than default voltage.
Check the rated voltage of the memory you are installing and adjust accordingly.
May 10, 2021
Some RAM will only run at higher speeds with slightly higher than default voltage.
Check the rated voltage of the memory you are installing and adjust accordingly.
The ram at XMP is already running at the rated volts by the manufacturer. I've a ryzen 3 3200G which officially supports 2933MHz ram frequency. But I've enabled XMP on my Corsair vengeance rgb pro 3200MHz and the XMP set it to 1.350 volts by auto after that. Everything was working fine. Few days after that I went to the bios and the ram suddenly got back to 2133MHz. Btw the ram was still at 3200 before going to the bios. After that I again enabled XMP and since then everything is working fine and I haven't experienced any crashes or blue death screens thankfully from day 1. So is it all okay? I've only experienced that tiny issue there but no other crashes or stuff

The ram at XMP is already running at the rated volts by the manufacturer. I've a ryzen 3 3200G which officially supports 2933MHz ram frequency. But I've enabled XMP on my Corsair vengeance rgb pro 3200MHz and the XMP set it to 1.350 volts by auto after that. Everything was working fine. Few days after that I went to the bios and the ram suddenly got back to 2133MHz. Btw the ram was still at 3200 before going to the bios. After that I again enabled XMP and since then everything is working fine and I haven't experienced any crashes or blue death screens thankfully from day 1. So is it all okay? I've only experienced that tiny issue there but no other crashes or stuff
Boot from a Memtest86 USB and run it through at least one full pass.

May 10, 2021
If your computer crashes a lot basically, yes.

Had my first crash in seemingly years just yesterday. Definitely too much stuff open and I hadn't rebooted in a while.
Thanks dude. Btw I've another question.
I've a budget oriented SAMSUNG LF22T350FHW monitor. I've a weird and a very slight issue with the monitor. If I keep the monitor plugged in into the socket turned on for a few hours, I've to press the power button twice on the monitor for it to work properly after I've turned on my pc, otherwise the display stays turned off. But if it's just for only an hour or so, it works fine. I'm wondering what is happening? This happens when the PC is in shut down mode.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Could very well be if that is a built in monitor feature. If it is the Windows timer you are talking about, generally no. Monitor should go into standby mode when the computer is off or has idled for a significant time, then it should wake up at any input to the computer that wakes it.

May 10, 2021
Probably just a sleep/wake problem on the monitor detecting a signal or not. Fairly common with a lot of monitors really, particularly with display port.
Could very well be if that is a built in monitor feature. If it is the Windows timer you are talking about, generally no. Monitor should go into standby mode when the computer is off or has idled for a significant time, then it should wake up at any input to the computer that wakes it.
Yes that's a built in monitor feature. I'll look into this issue by turning off the "off timer" now and thanks for the help

TRENDING THREADS