Xonar Phoebus 7.1 Solo NO BASS

Derpherpderp

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
I recently bought Xonar Phoebus 7.1 Solo and connected the Razer Tiamat 7.1 cables on some gates. Installed the required software and its latest versions and i am experiencing absence of any single bass! I have searched all the internet but found no sufficient advice that could actually help me... I am not a soundphile neither have i been knowing a lot of sound cards etc... I have connected the green cable where the green light is, the grey on the side, black on rear and the orange next to the black, i dont know if this is correct but as i see, only the headset option on the soundcard software is enabled, speakers cannot be selected but S/PDIF-Out unexpectedly can! Maybe this the cause... There is absolutely no bass and i have selected every option possible and did all combinations but still didnt experience any single bass! I have searched the whole internet and found no way to adress this ****.
I knew i shouldnt have bought soundcard, such trouble never had before... I suppose i have connected the cables incorrectly. When i connect the orange cable in the front, the speaker option can be selected, the bass works but the overall sound is completly sick. What should i do?!?

*NOTE: when i disable 7.1 surround from the headset, bass unexpectedly appears so the cause is rather from software

the razer tiamat has shitty bass in 7.1, plain and simple. that being said, there should still be some. have you downloaded the lastest drivers for the soundcard? not all colors on components match, so consult the razer tiamat manual to find out what each color means, then the manual for your soundcard to find out what each color means, then match them up

Derpherpderp

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
when the cables are connected on motherboards soundcard the bass is okay.
when connected to phoebus doesnt work unless i have 7.1 surround enabled, that means, both cables are correctly connected and the the soundcard works perfectly. The manual doesnt even talk about surround headset and as far as i am concerned, i have connected the cables in the right gates. The problem is a software inoptimisation i guess.

Derpherpderp

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
i had re-installed it 3 times and 2 other times after my latest format so the faulty installation is unprobable.
As i said, the bass works fine if 7.1 surround is not enabled so the specific card is not defective.
Additionally, many other users of this headset and card have experienced similar problems so the cause is rather software inoptimization.