krazydude

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2002
I have recently purchased an xp2200 cpu with a koolance pc2-601 case. I was just wondering if anyone knows what the general temperature is for this kind of set up, i am getting about 35 celcius on lcd of the case, and about 60-65 celcius in bios, if i am not doing something intensive,and i believe 37-40 if i am. I am not an expert at this stuff, but the temperature seems a tid bit high to me, especially the bios one, the warn that the bios temperature will be wrong, but it's kinda high either way. Thx in advance.

jino74

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2001
I have a 2200+ with an enermax case with lots of fan (2 intake, 3 exhaust) and my asus a7v333 bios and asus probe shows a 57 degrees celcius idle, and about 62 under heavy load (Unreal Tournament 2003). I think 60-65 at load is a bit high, and perhaps you should get a better heatsink. I recently went thru Thermaltake Volcano 7+, 9, and a Dr.Thermal TI-V77 unit, and the heastsinks make a tremendous difference. The best of the bunch was the Volcano 7+, with its all copper core (heavy) where it showed the best cooling; if you have an asus a7v333, get the latest bios; bios version 1011 showed incorrect temperatures and when I updated the bios to 1013, it showed me a much higher running temp for my cpu. I'm currently running with the Volcano 9 (my volcano 7+ fan died so I had to return it) and its running okay.. but the fan is a bit too loud for my tastes...