XP 32 bit error message

XPwarhorse

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
When I was online my computer screen went black with a message that it had stopped, and was doing a memory dump, to protect the computer. The screen gave an error address as follows:
what is the error address in my win 32k sytem: BF84897E BASE AT BF800000, DATE STAMP 513154E0
What does this mean and how can I fix this problem?
Thank you

X79

Honorable
You should probably go to a tech shop and pose the same question.

While there, ask them to replace XP altogether. You shouldn't be running XP, if it's your primary OS.

Why? It's over 10 years old and thus very vulnerable to attacks. Plus, MS will not be supporting

It at all, very soon. Thus no security updates or technical support.

How often have you had this happen ? Is it random, frequent or a one time event. You can go into the event viewer and see what is recorded there and it's been a long time since I used XP so some of the features and troubleshooting tips have been forgotten. It's very hard to give up XP because it was one of the best operating systems that Microsoft put out. I know it took me a while but I finally did go with Windows 7. If your considering upgrading then Win 7 is a good choice.

A memory dump is a sign of a Windows crash and there could be a number of reasons for it. What do you have for free hard drive space? What do you have for ram ? What is the OS , 32 bit? 64 bit? What is your page file set at?

I_Am_Weasel

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
Go to http:// and download WhoCrashed 4.01 it's a very simple to use memory dump analyzer and it also shows the probable cause of the error in a straightforward way so you don't have to be a programmer to understand

XPwarhorse

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013

XPwarhorse

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
It has happened 6 times. I only have 500GB RAM. I think it might have something to do with a BIOS update or maybe not. The antivirus history (Norton online) keeps blocking a duplicate object: C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SERVICES.EXE . that is targeting Norton. Could either one of these things be contributing to the black screen of death? quotemsg=10678621,0,81427]How often have you had this happen ? Is it random, frequent or a one time event. You can go into the event viewer and see what is recorded there and it's been a long time since I used XP so some of the features and troubleshooting tips have been forgotten. It's very hard to give up XP because it was one of the best operating systems that Microsoft put out. I know it took me a while but I finally did go with Windows 7. If your considering upgrading then Win 7 is a good choice.

A memory dump is a sign of a Windows crash and there could be a number of reasons for it. What do you have for free hard drive space? What do you have for ram ? What is the OS , 32 bit? 64 bit? What is your page file set at?[/quotemsg]

X79

Honorable

[/quotemsg]

500GB RAM. I envy you..

Firstly, no one should be using Norton. If they are, they ought to remove it with the Norton removal tool.

Secondly, Win XP is too old. Windows 7 is good, but support for it will end in 2020.

TRENDING THREADS