XP annd USB ethernet adapter...

Hello,

I have an USB ethernet adapter on my machine.

On a W2k, even if your machine was not on the network, the USB Ethernet was
"alive" !
On XP, it seems that it can recognize if the PC is connectedon the network
or not . If not, the USB Ethernet adapter will be desactivated....

- Do you know how to remove this "feature" ?
I need my USB Ethernet adapter still alive on the PC
(It seems that there is a possibility to act on the registry.... do you know
what to do ? and where....

Ta.

XP can control each USB port. You need to locate the correspond USB port
and uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' in
Device Manager.