XP Boot

Hello,
How can I change names of systems to log in WinXp's boot??

Hi,

You can do so by editing the boot.ini file.

HOW TO: Edit the boot.ini file in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q289022

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Arek wrote:
> Hello,
> How can I change names of systems to log in WinXp's boot??

Arek

I *think* you are referring to the dual boot menu.

If you want to change the name of the OS on the menu, you just need to edit
boot.ini file.

Go to Control Panel/system/Advanced Tab/Startup & recovery/Settings Button.
Click
the button to edit the system startup. This will open boot.ini in notepad
and you can
make the changes here. Click File/Save when finished and exit.

In the Boot.ini tab, you should see each OS as a separate line, similar to
the following:

[operating systems]
Professional" /fastdetect

Make the change between the quotes. ie: change "Microsoft Windows XP
Professional" to whatever you want the boot menu to show.

*Warning:* Make sure that all of the other characters and spaces outside of
the quoted section remain the same.

--
Regards,

Ronnie Vernon