XP BSOD Errors

ukbsktbll

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
Ok my bros computer was getting some BSODs so I did a killdisk erase and windows reinstall. Well install went well and I was working on installing his wireless card in it - so i went to linksys and downloaded the driver and put it on his pc via a usb card. I started instaling it and it restarted the pc - thought this may be normal at first.

Started loading XP - then BSOD. So I got in safe mode to stop the auto restart and got this image. Also here is my cmos - is that how its supposed to look. I got a maxtor ata - have no jumpers in - isn't that how you do it as a master?

PC has an old Abit MB single core AMD processor 1gb ram. Worked great for me for a few yrs then tossed the pc back together for my brother.

Any help would be great.

p_00127.jpg

p_00128.jpg

I got a maxtor ata - have no jumpers in - isn't that how you do it as a master?
No jumper is cable select, i.e., the unit is a master if connected to the end connector and a slave when connected to the middle connector. You should set the jumper to master. Though it doesn't hurt anything, I would connect the hard disk to the primary IDE controller and the DVD-RW to the secondary IDE controller.

About the 0x000000d1 error, have you read http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B916595&x=9&y=6? The screen even indicates that RT2500.sys is causing the error. Is that the driver that you installed?