george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Hi,
After a complete restore, XP can't find new hardware,
printer, scanner, digital camera. All worked before
restore. I installed software for HP scanner which shows
in "all programs" but nothing in the scanner folder.
Lexmark printer(P707) can't install software, message
says printer must be hooked up before installing drivers.
All USB ports show in "device manager" Will appreciate
any help. Thanks, George

XP Home SP2

Hi George

USB devices should normally be disconnected/turned off before installing the
drivers. Have you tried that with the Lexmark? If so, what was the result?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User