XP DESKTOP

Help Please
Windows XP Home; Works 6.0; Office XP Pro; !.0 Meg RAM;
I was trying to create something using MS Works. The create wizard seemed to
be very slow, so I re-clicked the 'next' a few times. None of the wizard
offerings looked good, so I decided to close Works and create what I needed
in Word. Having closed Works, a new instance of Works re-launched itself. I
closed it, only for it to re-launch. I used Ctrl Alt Delete to bring up the
Task Manager and closed Works from here- but once again Works reloaded. This
was repeated a few times but Works kept reloading, so I swiched off mains
power and rebooted. From the log on screen, I clicked my name, After a delay
my desktop apeared - but just my wallpaper, no taskbar, no shortcuts,
nothing. I have tried System Restore - but this does not bring back my
desktop. The other users settings are unaffected. So Can anyone advise how I
can get my desktop back?
Your help will be much appreciated.
Graham.

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

Don Kendrick

"graham999" wrote:

> Help Please
> Windows XP Home; Works 6.0; Office XP Pro; !.0 Meg RAM;
> I was trying to create something using MS Works. The create wizard seemed to
> be very slow, so I re-clicked the 'next' a few times. None of the wizard
> offerings looked good, so I decided to close Works and create what I needed
> in Word. Having closed Works, a new instance of Works re-launched itself. I
> closed it, only for it to re-launch. I used Ctrl Alt Delete to bring up the
> Task Manager and closed Works from here- but once again Works reloaded. This
> was repeated a few times but Works kept reloading, so I swiched off mains
> power and rebooted. From the log on screen, I clicked my name, After a delay
> my desktop apeared - but just my wallpaper, no taskbar, no shortcuts,
> nothing. I have tried System Restore - but this does not bring back my
> desktop. The other users settings are unaffected. So Can anyone advise how I
> can get my desktop back?
> Your help will be much appreciated.
> Graham.

right click on your desktop select Arrange Icons the select show desktop
icons if this doesn't help post back