XP doesn’t show the full memory that the BIOS shows

Roderick

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

2 ea 1GB DDR
2 ea 250MB DDR

Abit AT7 - book says can handle 3GB

BIOS shows the full 2 1/2 GB installed

Only 1 1/2 GB is reported by XP

If I take out the 2, 250MB DDR sticks, then the BIOS shows 2 GB like
it should, but now XP only reports 1 GB.

So the BIOS show everything that I install. But XP seems to lose 1 GB
of memory.

I have an ASUS system that does not lose any memory.

Please help.
Thanks
HR

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Home-Built-XP-doesn-show-full-memory-BIOS-shows-ftopict57376.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=288900

jad

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

XP w/sp2? all the modules are the same brand and 'speed'?