XP; Dual Monitor setup over LAN - WHy doesn't someone sell..

This sounds like a SMOP.

I know about dual-head monitor setups on desktop PCs and I know about
remote desktop stuff which can provide decent response on a 100Mb LAN.
I also know about thin client stuff.

Why can't the video drivers simulate a dual head setup over TCP and allow
me to use all the computers on my LAN as one big desktop.

I have a fat desktop that I use for Photoshop and Dreamweaver and a
laptop that i frequently jack into my hub share My Documents so I can
do several things related to a single task. I frequently have a
tutorial running on the laptop for something I'm doing for real on the
desktop.

This would be neat when using two laptops for a project.

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

Video card manufacturer only video cards. Most usually use the standard
"beanchmark" drivers by the video chip maker. Most video chip makers do not
make network adapters therefore they are less likely to add "networking" to
the video drivers.

> This sounds like a SMOP.
>
> I know about dual-head monitor setups on desktop PCs and I know about
> remote desktop stuff which can provide decent response on a 100Mb LAN.
> I also know about thin client stuff.
>
> Why can't the video drivers simulate a dual head setup over TCP and allow
> me to use all the computers on my LAN as one big desktop.
>
> I have a fat desktop that I use for Photoshop and Dreamweaver and a
> laptop that i frequently jack into my hub share My Documents so I can
> do several things related to a single task. I frequently have a
> tutorial running on the laptop for something I'm doing for real on the
> desktop.
>
> This would be neat when using two laptops for a project.
>

> --
> a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m
>
> Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> This sounds like a SMOP.
>
> I know about dual-head monitor setups on desktop PCs and I
> know about
> remote desktop stuff which can provide decent response on a
> 100Mb LAN.
> I also know about thin client stuff.
>
> Why can't the video drivers simulate a dual head setup over
> TCP and allow
> me to use all the computers on my LAN as one big desktop.
>
> I have a fat desktop that I use for Photoshop and Dreamweaver
> and a
> laptop that i frequently jack into my hub share My Documents
> so I can
> do several things related to a single task. I frequently have
> tutorial running on the laptop for something I'm doing for
> real on the
> desktop.
>
> This would be neat when using two laptops for a project.
>

> --
> a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m
>
> Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

This is posible, perhaps not posible with windows, but it is easily
done using Xorg.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-XP-Dual-Monitor-setup-LAN-sell-driver-ftopict422148.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1411972