Hi,
Is there a way to make the XP disk error checker generate a short summary
report the way scandisk does in Win 98?
Thanks,
jll
addy is fake

If SFC.EXE did anything it will be in the Event Viewer.

Open the Event Viewer...
Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK |
Click System | Look at any Windows File Protection
entries

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%4gEe.195777$nG6.124090@attbi_s22,
jll <jll@nobodyhome.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi,
> Is there a way to make the XP disk error checker generate a short summary
> report the way scandisk does in Win 98?
> Thanks,
> jll
> addy is fake

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

I asked the same question here recently and was told no.

--
Kenny Cargill

"jll" <jll@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Is there a way to make the XP disk error checker generate a short summary
> report the way scandisk does in Win 98?
> Thanks,
> jll
> addy is fake

Thanks, that was fast. Now for a followup. How can I extract scandisk. exe
from the Win 98 CD and will it work in XP?
Thanks,

"Kenny" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>I asked the same question here recently and was told no.
>
> --
> Kenny Cargill
>

> "jll" <jll@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> Is there a way to make the XP disk error checker generate a short summary
>> report the way scandisk does in Win 98?
>> Thanks,
>> jll
>> addy is fake

It will not work. The program in XP is Chkdsk. Scandisk is for the
Win9x/ME architecture. Chkdsk is for the WinNT family. XP is not descended
from Win98 at all. Different OS.

> Thanks, that was fast. Now for a followup. How can I extract scandisk. exe
> from the Win 98 CD and will it work in XP?
> Thanks,
>
> "Kenny" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>>I asked the same question here recently and was told no.
>>
>> --
>> Kenny Cargill
>>

>> "jll" <jll@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>> Is there a way to make the XP disk error checker generate a short
>>> summary report the way scandisk does in Win 98?
>>> Thanks,
>>> jll
>>> addy is fake

map

jll wrote:
> Thanks, that was fast. Now for a followup. How can I extract
> scandisk. exe from the Win 98 CD and will it work in XP?
> Thanks,
>
> "Kenny" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> I asked the same question here recently and was told no.
>>
>> --
>> Kenny Cargill
>>

>> "jll" <jll@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>> Is there a way to make the XP disk error checker generate a short
>>> summary report the way scandisk does in Win 98?
>>> Thanks,
>>> jll
>>> addy is fake

will it work in XP?

NO!

--
Mike Pawlak

I've been doing it my old way, i.e. highlight the drive> properties> tools>
error checking. When I do that I don't get the summary. I'll try the
suggested way. As for the second question, I'm using NTFS and as you say it
won't work.
Thanks,

"MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> wrote in message
> jll wrote:
>> Thanks, that was fast. Now for a followup. How can I extract
>> scandisk. exe from the Win 98 CD and will it work in XP?
>> Thanks,
>>
>> "Kenny" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>>> I asked the same question here recently and was told no.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Kenny Cargill
>>>

>>> "jll" <jll@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message
>
> will it work in XP?
>
> NO!
>
> --
> Mike Pawlak

It doesn't matter how you run chkdsk.exe, you still get the log in Event
Viewer.

For a peek at the chkdsk log.

Open the Event Viewer...
Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK
Look in Application | Listed as Information |
Event ID: 1001
Source: Winlogon
volume name or serial number to help determine what volume Chkdsk ran
against. Also included is whether Chkdsk ran because a user scheduled it or
because the dirty bit was set.]]

[[When Autochk runs against a volume at boot time it records its output to a
file called Bootex.log in the root of the volume being checked. The Winlogon
service then moves the contents of each Bootex.log file to the Application
Event log.]]

[[This file states whether Chkdsk encountered any errors and, if so,
whether they were fixed.]]

Bootex.log is then deleted. The Application Event log is AppEvent.Evt and
is viewed in the Event Viewer, under Application.

Bootex.log can be acessed with recovery software such as Restoration. But
there is no reason to do this, unless you just want to compare what is in
the Bootex.log and what you see in the Event Viewer.
-----

Scandisk has been retired. Use Error Checking (chkdsk.exe) in XP.
1. In My Computer or Windows Explorer, right-click the drive you want to
check, and then click Properties.
2. On the Tools tab, click Check Now.
3. Check both boxes:

? Automatically fix file system errors
Runs Chkdsk by using the /f parameter.
[[Specifies whether Windows repairs file-system errors found during disk
checking. All files must be closed for this program to run. If the drive is
currently in use, a message asks if you want to reschedule
the disk checking for the next time you restart your computer. Your drive is
not available to run other tasks while the disk is being checked.]]

? Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors
Runs Chkdsk by using the /r parameter.
[[Specifies whether Windows repairs file-system errors found during disk
checking, locates bad sectors, and recovers readable information. All files
must be closed for this program to run. If the drive is currently in use, a
message asks if you want to reschedule the disk checking for the next time
you restart your computer. Your drive is not available to run other tasks
while the disk is being checked. If you select this option, you do not need
to select Automatically fix file system errors. Windows fixes any errors on
the disk.]]
-----

The following will create an actual, separate chkdsk log in Notepad.

Assuming the drive is C:...

Paste this into a command prompt...

CHKDSK C: /F > C:\CHKDISKLOG.TXT

Hit your Enter key.

Click YES on the popup to reboot.

After CHKDSK has run paste this in Start | Run...

C:\CHKDISKLOG.TXT

Click OK.

From:
Doug Knox <dougk@mvps.org>

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:V_gEe.173499$_o.159632@attbi_s71,
jll <jll@nobodyhome.com> hunted and pecked:
> I've been doing it my old way, i.e. highlight the drive> properties>
> tools> error checking. When I do that I don't get the summary. I'll try
> the suggested way. As for the second question, I'm using NTFS and as you
> say it won't work.
> Thanks,
>
> "MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> wrote in message
>> jll wrote:
>>> Thanks, that was fast. Now for a followup. How can I extract
>>> scandisk. exe from the Win 98 CD and will it work in XP?
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> "Kenny" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

>> will it work in XP?
>>
>> NO!
>>
>> --
>> Mike Pawlak

"jll" <jll@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, that was fast. Now for a followup. How can I extract scandisk. exe
> from the Win 98 CD and will it work in XP?

I doubt it would work... Assuming your drivers are NTFS (drive properties
in my computer) and not FAT32 you really don't need to worry about this sort
of stuff anymore, as NTFS is far more resilient.

If you are after a summary, like David said, run checkdisk through the
command prompt.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

jll wrote:
> Thanks, that was fast. Now for a followup. How can I extract scandisk. exe
> from the Win 98 CD and will it work in XP?

Perhaps, and no.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

What do both of you mean? Everyone else gets a summary.

C:\Program Files\Support Tools>chkdsk d:
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Volume label is Setup.

WARNING! F parameter not specified.
Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)...
File verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)...
Index verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 3)...
Security descriptor verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
Usn Journal verification completed.

17647370 KB total disk space.
15510428 KB in 65626 files.
15580 KB in 5031 indexes.
0 KB in bad sectors.
151622 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
1969740 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
4411842 total allocation units on disk.
492435 allocation units available on disk.

C:\Program Files\Support Tools>
"Kenny" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:%23wOr92xjFHA.1148@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I asked the same question here recently and was told no.
>
> --
> Kenny Cargill
>

> "jll" <jll@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> Is there a way to make the XP disk error checker generate a short summary
>> report the way scandisk does in Win 98?
>> Thanks,
>> jll
>> addy is fake

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

That's what appears whilst it's running but what I and I think the OP means
is a text file with the results of the scan telling what, if any, errors
were fixed, bad sectors etc.

--
Kenny Cargill

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
What do both of you mean? Everyone else gets a summary.

C:\Program Files\Support Tools>chkdsk d:
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Volume label is Setup.

WARNING! F parameter not specified.
Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)...
File verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)...
Index verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 3)...
Security descriptor verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
Usn Journal verification completed.

17647370 KB total disk space.
15510428 KB in 65626 files.
15580 KB in 5031 indexes.
0 KB in bad sectors.
151622 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
1969740 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
4411842 total allocation units on disk.
492435 allocation units available on disk.

C:\Program Files\Support Tools>
"Kenny" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>I asked the same question here recently and was told no.
>
> --
> Kenny Cargill
>

> "jll" <jll@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> Is there a way to make the XP disk error checker generate a short summary
>> report the way scandisk does in Win 98?
>> Thanks,
>> jll
>> addy is fake

It's only in event viewer if it runs at boot.

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23P1AWRzjFHA.3692@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> [...]
>
> Assuming the drive is C:...
>
> Paste this into a command prompt...
>
> CHKDSK C: /F > C:\CHKDISKLOG.TXT
>
> Hit your Enter key.
>
> Click YES on the popup to reboot.
>
> After CHKDSK has run paste this in Start | Run...
>
> C:\CHKDISKLOG.TXT
>
> Click OK.
>
> From:
> Doug Knox <dougk@mvps.org>
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:V_gEe.173499$_o.159632@attbi_s71,
> jll <jll@nobodyhome.com> hunted and pecked:
>> I've been doing it my old way, i.e. highlight the drive> properties>
>> tools> error checking. When I do that I don't get the summary. I'll try
>> the suggested way. As for the second question, I'm using NTFS and as you

You have a point there. My statement was wrong.

I have never run chkdsk at any other time but at boot. Why would you run
chkdsk except at boot? Why would you run chkdsk at all except to fix
errors on the disk?

[[If you want chkdsk to correct disk errors, you cannot have open files on
the drive.]] You have to reboot in order for chkdsk to correct any disk
errors.

I suppose you could run Chkdsk /X. I'll have to try that and see what
happens.
-------

C:\>CHKDSK C: /X
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:ufim1Q1jFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
David Candy <.> hunted and pecked:
> [...]
>>
>> Assuming the drive is C:...
>>
>> Paste this into a command prompt...
>>
>> CHKDSK C: /F > C:\CHKDISKLOG.TXT
>>
>> Hit your Enter key.
>>
>> Click YES on the popup to reboot.
>>
>> After CHKDSK has run paste this in Start | Run...
>>
>> C:\CHKDISKLOG.TXT
>>
>> Click OK.
>>
>> From:
>> Doug Knox <dougk@mvps.org>
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:V_gEe.173499$_o.159632@attbi_s71,
>> jll <jll@nobodyhome.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> I've been doing it my old way, i.e. highlight the drive> properties>
>>> tools> error checking. When I do that I don't get the summary. I'll try
>>> the suggested way. As for the second question, I'm using NTFS and as you

Hi All,
Apparently my layout is different. I'm using XP Home SP 2. I don't have D.
Candy's Program arrangement. I have "Accessories"> System Tools and neither
Checkdsk nor error checker is listed. In Win 98, a tool could be added using
the 98 CD in Add/Remove. Can the same thing be done in XP? Can I use my
restore disks fromDell for this purpose?
Thanks,

> If SFC.EXE did anything it will be in the Event Viewer.
>
> Open the Event Viewer...
> Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK |
> Click System | Look at any Windows File Protection
> entries
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:%4gEe.195777$nG6.124090@attbi_s22,
> jll <jll@nobodyhome.com> hunted and pecked:
>> Hi,
>> Is there a way to make the XP disk error checker generate a short summary
>> report the way scandisk does in Win 98?
>> Thanks,
>> jll
>> addy is fake

Gene

As others have stated, "Scan Disk" was left behind with Windows `98 [I
think] and is replaced in Windows XP by "Check Disk". You are correct in
that [for some unknown reason, likely a simple uncaught mistake] it is not
included in "Accessories, System Tools". You can run it from at least two
places: (1) Start/Run [or from Accessories, Command Prompt]/type "chkdsk"
[less the quotation markers] and click "OK" [or press the keyboard "Enter"
key]. Once in a rare while it will run right then but usually you have to
agree to run it at the next boot; (2) Start/My Computer/right click your
hard drive/left click "Properties" on the Menu/click the "Tools" Tab/here
for some other unknown reason it is called "Error Checking". The system tool
is located at "C:\WINDOWS\System32\chkdsk.exe" [IF Windows is installed on
your "C" drive]. If you really want to make it easily accessed you could
create a Shortcut on your Desktop or perhaps stick one in your
Start/Accessories Folder [I do not know where the "System Tools" sub-folder
is located, perhaps you can find it]. Enough about this subject.
Gene
> Hi All,
> Apparently my layout is different. I'm using XP Home SP 2. I don't have D.
> Candy's Program arrangement. I have "Accessories"> System Tools and
> neither Checkdsk nor error checker is listed. In Win 98, a tool could be
> added using the 98 CD in Add/Remove. Can the same thing be done in XP? Can
> I use my restore disks fromDell for this purpose?
> Thanks,

>> If SFC.EXE did anything it will be in the Event Viewer.
>>
>> Open the Event Viewer...
>> Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK |
>> Click System | Look at any Windows File Protection
>> entries
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:%4gEe.195777$nG6.124090@attbi_s22,
>> jll <jll@nobodyhome.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Hi,
>>> Is there a way to make the XP disk error checker generate a short
>>> summary
>>> report the way scandisk does in Win 98?
>>> Thanks,
>>> jll
>>> addy is fake

But if you have multiple partition ....

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message news:eNEiao6jFHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> [...]
>>> [[Specifies whether Windows repairs file-system errors found during disk
>>> checking, locates bad sectors, and recovers readable information. All
>>> files must be closed for this program to run. If the drive is currently
>>> in use, a message asks if you want to reschedule the disk checking for
>>> the next time you restart your computer. Your drive is not available to
>>> run other tasks while the disk is being checked. If you select this
>>> option, you do not need to select Automatically fix file system errors.
>>> Windows fixes any errors on the disk.]]
>>> -----
>>>
>>> The following will create an actual, separate chkdsk log in Notepad.
>>>
>>> Assuming the drive is C:...
>>>
>>> Paste this into a command prompt...
>>>
>>> CHKDSK C: /F > C:\CHKDISKLOG.TXT
>>>
>>> Hit your Enter key.
>>>
>>> Click YES on the popup to reboot.
>>>
>>> After CHKDSK has run paste this in Start | Run...

Aha!

I have to start learning to think outside the box.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%238Xzbr6jFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
David Candy <.> hunted and pecked:
> But if you have multiple partition ....

------------------------
>> You have a point there. My statement was wrong.
>>
>> I have never run chkdsk at any other time but at boot. Why would you run
>> chkdsk except at boot? Why would you run chkdsk at all except to fix
>> errors on the disk?
>>
>> [[If you want chkdsk to correct disk errors, you cannot have open files
>> on the drive.]] You have to reboot in order for chkdsk to correct any
>> disk errors.
>>
>> I suppose you could run Chkdsk /X. I'll have to try that and see what
>> happens.
>> -------
>>
>> C:\>CHKDSK C: /X
>> The type of the file system is NTFS.
>> Cannot lock current drive.
>>
>> Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
>> process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
>> checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:ufim1Q1jFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
>> David Candy <.> hunted and pecked:
>>> It's only in event viewer if it runs at boot.
>>>
>>> --
>>> ------------------------
>>> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
>>> ================================================= "Wesley Vogel"
>>> <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message

You type it in a command prompt or right click the drive in My Computer.

"jll" <jll@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message news:WDxEe.199536$xm3.69524@attbi_s21...
> Hi All,
> Apparently my layout is different. I'm using XP Home SP 2. I don't have D.
> Candy's Program arrangement. I have "Accessories"> System Tools and neither
> Checkdsk nor error checker is listed. In Win 98, a tool could be added using
> the 98 CD in Add/Remove. Can the same thing be done in XP? Can I use my
> restore disks fromDell for this purpose?
> Thanks,

>> If SFC.EXE did anything it will be in the Event Viewer.
>>
>> Open the Event Viewer...
>> Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK |
>> Click System | Look at any Windows File Protection
>> entries
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:%4gEe.195777$nG6.124090@attbi_s22,
>> jll <jll@nobodyhome.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Hi,
>>> Is there a way to make the XP disk error checker generate a short summary
>>> report the way scandisk does in Win 98?
>>> Thanks,
>>> jll
>>> addy is fake

R/C the Drive and choose Properties - Tools

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message news:OHaFxb9jFHA.3348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
You type it in a command prompt or right click the drive in My Computer.

"jll" <jll@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message news:WDxEe.199536$xm3.69524@attbi_s21...
> Hi All,
> Apparently my layout is different. I'm using XP Home SP 2. I don't have D.
> Candy's Program arrangement. I have "Accessories"> System Tools and neither
> Checkdsk nor error checker is listed. In Win 98, a tool could be added using
> the 98 CD in Add/Remove. Can the same thing be done in XP? Can I use my
> restore disks fromDell for this purpose?
> Thanks,

>> If SFC.EXE did anything it will be in the Event Viewer.
>>
>> Open the Event Viewer...
>> Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK |
>> Click System | Look at any Windows File Protection
>> entries
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:%4gEe.195777$nG6.124090@attbi_s22,
>> jll <jll@nobodyhome.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Hi,
>>> Is there a way to make the XP disk error checker generate a short summary
>>> report the way scandisk does in Win 98?
>>> Thanks,
>>> jll
>>> addy is fake

Sorry if we're going around in circles, but that is what I do and have done
since Win 98. In 98 I got a brief summary of the scandisk results. In XP I
don't. You described a way to get the same thing in your version of XP. My
version is different. I don't have "support tools". I have "system tools" in
"Accessories" and chkdsk.exe is not there. Will typing chkdsk.exe in "run"
do it for me?
Thanks for going through this with me.
jll

R/C the Drive and choose Properties - Tools

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
You type it in a command prompt or right click the drive in My Computer.

"jll" <jll@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> Apparently my layout is different. I'm using XP Home SP 2. I don't have D.
> Candy's Program arrangement. I have "Accessories"> System Tools and
> neither
> Checkdsk nor error checker is listed. In Win 98, a tool could be added
> using
> the 98 CD in Add/Remove. Can the same thing be done in XP? Can I use my
> restore disks fromDell for this purpose?
> Thanks,

>> If SFC.EXE did anything it will be in the Event Viewer.
>>
>> Open the Event Viewer...
>> Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK |
>> Click System | Look at any Windows File Protection
>> entries
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:%4gEe.195777$nG6.124090@attbi_s22,
>> jll <jll@nobodyhome.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Hi,
>>> Is there a way to make the XP disk error checker generate a short
>>> summary
>>> report the way scandisk does in Win 98?
>>> Thanks,
>>> jll
>>> addy is fake

You can type this in run

cmd /k chkdsk <drive letter>

cmd opens a command prompt.
/k says run the rest of the line as if you typed it AND don't close the window.

So

cmd /k chkdsk D:

Once you have a command prompt open just type chkdsk d:

type

cmd /k chkdsk /?

or type chkdsk in Help & Support.

If chkdsk is run at boot time the results are in the System Log. Type event viewer in help to see how to start it.

"jll" <jll@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message news:O_AEe.177550$_o.119501@attbi_s71...
> Sorry if we're going around in circles, but that is what I do and have done
> since Win 98. In 98 I got a brief summary of the scandisk results. In XP I
> don't. You described a way to get the same thing in your version of XP. My
> version is different. I don't have "support tools". I have "system tools" in
> "Accessories" and chkdsk.exe is not there. Will typing chkdsk.exe in "run"
> do it for me?
> Thanks for going through this with me.
> jll
>
> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> R/C the Drive and choose Properties - Tools

> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> You type it in a command prompt or right click the drive in My Computer.

> "jll" <jll@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>> Apparently my layout is different. I'm using XP Home SP 2. I don't have D.
>> Candy's Program arrangement. I have "Accessories"> System Tools and
>> neither
>> Checkdsk nor error checker is listed. In Win 98, a tool could be added
>> using
>> the 98 CD in Add/Remove. Can the same thing be done in XP? Can I use my
>> restore disks fromDell for this purpose?
>> Thanks,

>>> If SFC.EXE did anything it will be in the Event Viewer.
>>>
>>> Open the Event Viewer...
>>> Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK |
>>> Click System | Look at any Windows File Protection
>>> entries
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> In news:%4gEe.195777$nG6.124090@attbi_s22,
>>> jll <jll@nobodyhome.com> hunted and pecked:

I agree. I can live with the new "error checker", although I must add that I
don't think it's an improvement over good ole Scandisk. Thanks to all for
the help, especially D. Candy.

jll

TRENDING THREADS