xp - move icons around taskbar

Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.misc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Is there a Windows setting or mod that lets you move icons around the
taskbar - for instance if you are running Notepad, Outlook, Explorer,
and Word and you want to drag Word so it appears leftmost on the
taskbar, then Explorer, then Notepad, then Outlook, etc. ?

Thanks

Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.misc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi Mad,

Try the registry tweak on Kelly's site.
Save Settings on Exit (Line 54)

Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
http://dts-l.org/

"Mad Scientist Jr" <usenet_daughter@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Is there a Windows setting or mod that lets you move icons around the
>taskbar - for instance if you are running Notepad, Outlook, Explorer,
>and Word and you want to drag Word so it appears leftmost on the
>taskbar, then Explorer, then Notepad, then Outlook, etc. ?

TaskArrange claims to do exactly that:
http://users.forthnet.gr/pat/efotinis/programs/taskarrange.html

I haven't used it myself, so can't comment on it one way or the other.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(DTS)

In news:96hgb1dto3t0smf0csv9apnf3c2es434l5@4ax.com,
Tim Slattery <Slattery_T@bls.gov> typed:

> "Mad Scientist Jr" <usenet_daughter@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a Windows setting or mod that lets you move icons
>> around the
>> taskbar - for instance if you are running Notepad, Outlook,
>> Explorer,
>> and Word and you want to drag Word so it appears leftmost on
>> the
>> taskbar, then Explorer, then Notepad, then Outlook, etc. ?
>
> TaskArrange claims to do exactly that:
> http://users.forthnet.gr/pat/efotinis/programs/taskarrange.html
>
> I haven't used it myself, so can't comment on it one way or the
> other.

I was just going to recommend TaskArrange. I use it and it works
very well.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.misc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

It works great. Thanks!

Hopefully MS will allow you to drag task buttons around in future
versions of Windows