Question XP no longer plays Bitchute videos

ImWolf

Honorable
Mar 18, 2019
Some time within the past 48 hours of this post, my XP machines will no longer load any Bitchute videos. I have read reports over the past few days that the BBC had purchased Bitchute, and this may be connected to this issue?

I can go to Bitchute.com and play videos on my Linux machines and on my Windows 7 machine, but can no longer view videos on my 2 WinXP machines. On the later, I can go to the Bitchute.com page and see play lists, but videos will not load with either my Serpent (Firefox) or Chrome browser. This is something that has changed recently and is not a result of any changes I made to either machine.

I tried adding a "spoof" useragent string to Serpent, but that didn't improve anything. Are there any other XP users here experiencing the same, and have you found a cure?

Thanks,
Wolf

ImWolf

Honorable
Mar 18, 2019
Thanks for that reply we3fan.... as it turns out this problem is not specific to WindowsXP since I have now read reports from folks using at least 3 other OS's and a myriad of browsers.

It seems that around Nov. 17th Bitchute must have made some sort of changes, and I've yet to discover what the commonality is affecting some users.

Luckily, for most of you, this appears to only be causing problems for a small group of users.

(I have tried 4 different browsers on that list now with no improvemet.)

Wolf

ImWolf

Honorable
Mar 18, 2019
we3fan wrote:

Today at 3:18 AM

No problem :), so this is not XP-related only I see.

I tried these browsers on my Win XP and it didn't work:
Chrome 49
Firefox 52
Mypal 29.3.0 (latest)
New Moon 27 (latest)
New Moon 28 (latest)
Serpent 52 (latest)

Someone said:
"Use Palemoon (New Moon) or Basilisk (Serpent ) "PmPlayer" add-on (https://deusrex.neocities.org/xul/pmplayer/pmplayer.html), it works well with bitchute to view videos using Serpent 52 and Newmoon 28"
- But I haven't tested if it actually works. To be able to install this extension directly from that site you might have to spoof the browser or add new general.useragent.override in about:config .

ImWolf

Honorable
Mar 18, 2019
When I follow the links to attempt install of the PMplayer the links lead me to "page not found".

No matter.... it sounds like a separate player screen which can already be attained just by using (right click) "page info", the click on the Media button, and then scroll down till you find "video" in the dialog list of page elements.

This however is just a player to watch the video, and you can't see any other associated info on the video page including who uploaded the video, or any comments.

Wolf