xp not recognize mp3 install disc, or hardware

Kids bought mp3 players, installed disc for installation, nothing. Tried
manual installation, nothing. Only thing that pops up is the safely remove
hardward icon in the taskbar. Searching for the program to run mp3
nonexistant, do we have to have special program to download music to mp3.
Very much appreciate any help anyone can give us. Thanks.....Evie

bar

More information please!!!!

What MP3 player?
What software?
What messages were displayed during setup?
What errors messages did you encounter?
If it installed correctly one would naturally expect to find a 'Shortcut' or
Start Menu Icon: also look in 'program files' for any folder that may be
relevant to this software and look for an application.

Mor information if given, provides better responses to you.

This posting is a poor effort at communication of your problems, ry harder
next time.

"Evie" wrote:

> Kids bought mp3 players, installed disc for installation, nothing. Tried
> manual installation, nothing. Only thing that pops up is the safely remove
> hardward icon in the taskbar. Searching for the program to run mp3
> nonexistant, do we have to have special program to download music to mp3.
> Very much appreciate any help anyone can give us. Thanks.....Evie

To Mr Bar: Well, it is a Venturer smp3-332, with a 256 memory, support:
mp3/wma/wma-drm. The installation disc says: mp3/wma/wma-drm driver for
windows 98 se. We don't get an error message, the mp3 player states that it
is ready for install (on the screen) but there is no wizard etc on the
computer. Doesn't xp automatically recognize new hardware? There is nothing
in program files showing a new program or new hardware was installed. I
tried to install manually by going to "add new hardware" and "add new
programs" but none of these worked either. I hope this is enough info for
you, that is about all I have. One more thing, while I appreciate your help,
I don't appreciate your attitude. There is no reason to tell my that my
posting was a poor effort, one only give what one thinks, if there is a need
for more info, then all you have to do is ask. Being that this is a
relatively new experience for me, I'm not always sure what kind of info to
give, maybe sometimes it is too much. So I hope this is enough info for you.
I thank you for your efforts.

Evie

Evie wrote:
> To Mr Bar: Well, it is a Venturer smp3-332, with a 256 memory,
support:
> mp3/wma/wma-drm. The installation disc says: mp3/wma/wma-drm driver
for
> windows 98 se. We don't get an error message, the mp3 player states
that it
> is ready for install (on the screen) but there is no wizard etc on
the
> computer. Doesn't xp automatically recognize new hardware? There is
nothing
> in program files showing a new program or new hardware was installed.
> tried to install manually by going to "add new hardware" and "add new

> programs" but none of these worked either. I hope this is enough
info for
> you, that is about all I have. One more thing, while I appreciate
your help,
> I don't appreciate your attitude. There is no reason to tell my that
my
> posting was a poor effort, one only give what one thinks, if there is
a need
> for more info, then all you have to do is ask. Being that this is a
> relatively new experience for me, I'm not always sure what kind of
info to
> give, maybe sometimes it is too much. So I hope this is enough info
for you.
> I thank you for your efforts.
>
> Evie
>

> "BAR" wrote:
>
> > More information please!!!!
> >
> > What MP3 player?
> > What software?
> > What messages were displayed during setup?
> > What errors messages did you encounter?
> > If it installed correctly one would naturally expect to find a
'Shortcut' or
> > Start Menu Icon: also look in 'program files' for any folder
that may be
> > relevant to this software and look for an application.
> >
> > Mor information if given, provides better responses to you.
> >
> > This posting is a poor effort at communication of your problems, ry
harder
> > next time.
> >
> > "Evie" wrote:
> >
> > > Kids bought mp3 players, installed disc for installation,
nothing. Tried
> > > manual installation, nothing. Only thing that pops up is the
safely remove
> > > hardward icon in the taskbar. Searching for the program to run
mp3
> > > nonexistant, do we have to have special program to download music
to mp3.
> > > Very much appreciate any help anyone can give us.
Thanks.....Evie

Evie

Did you find an icon in your Start Menu or on your Desktop that petains
to the MP3 player? Do you have a new drive letter in My Compter or
another icon below in the "Other" section when the MP3 player is
connected? (Must have any view except List set for the My Computer
Window).

If you see a new drive letter just copy the mp3s to the new drive. Or
if you
have a new icon under "Other" open that. Copy the mp3 files there.

If all else fails, read that book that came with it.

Let us know how that goes......

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, for being so kind with your help. We actually finally asked a
friend of ours to figure it out, and he did, apparently it was so simple. We
would have read the book that came with it, but all it did was explain how to
use the mp3, ie: playback, skipping songs, etc, it didn't explain how to
actually install and use it once it was on the computer. But we are good
now, and I think, electronically and technologically tired of this new age,
but that's progress!!! I thank you again for being so willing to help.

Evie